GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mystery Houseplant. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/189663-mystery-houseplant.html)

David D 19-02-2010 08:42 PM

Mystery Houseplant.

Evening all,
Does anyone have any idea what this plant is?

http://sites.google.com/site/harleydonski/

Regards.

Paul Luton[_2_] 19-02-2010 09:31 PM

Mystery Houseplant.

On 19/02/2010 20:42, David D wrote:
Evening all,
Does anyone have any idea what this plant is?

http://sites.google.com/site/harleydonski/

Could be dracaenea marginata

http://www.guide-to-houseplants.com/dragon-tree.html

Paul

--
CTC Right to Ride Rep. for Richmond upon Thames

David D 19-02-2010 10:25 PM

Mystery Houseplant.

That's the one, interesting that you can control the height by cutting off
the top of the plant, something I'll need to do soon as it's out-growing the
limited space I have for it. Thanks Paul.

Regards.

. uk...

Stephen Wolstenholme 19-02-2010 11:01 PM

Mystery Houseplant.

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 20:42:35 -0000, "David D"
wrote:

Evening all,
Does anyone have any idea what this plant is?

http://sites.google.com/site/harleydonski/

Regards.

It's a Madagascan Dragon Tree. They are supposed to grow to about five
foot but I had to give mine away when the ceiling got in the way!

Steve

Neural network applications, help and support.

jaycee 19-02-2010 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David D (Post 877898)
Evening all,
Does anyone have any idea what this plant is?

http://sites.google.com/site/harleydonski/

Regards.

Hi it's a dracaena marginata, sometimes known as a Madagascar Dragon Tree. It's easy to care for, needing moist soil, and about 55F in winter. I put mine in the garden (in its pot) in the semi shade in the summer and it seems to love it. Mist if it gets really hot. Easy to propagate too!
Good luck, Jaycee