Old 30-09-2011, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sick, no. Frustrated, yes

Look guys and girls, I know I can be a cnut. Enough of that.

I am trying to make us all aware of a new wave of fraud.

Forensic fraud.

Ok, some wise arse is going to say that their DNA is not possible within
the internet.

These people use whatever means they can to rob you of your money.

Forensic Fraud comes from your mobile phone or computer, meaning that they
can find out with forensic software just how much money they can steal from
you! Your post code is enough, and this code is so bloody easy to find.
Just be aware of this please.

Baz
Old 30-09-2011, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Baz wrote in :

Look guys and girls, I know I can be a cnut. Enough of that.

I am trying to make us all aware of a new wave of fraud.

Forensic fraud.

Ok, some wise arse is going to say that their DNA is not possible
within the internet.

These people use whatever means they can to rob you of your money.

Forensic Fraud comes from your mobile phone or computer, meaning that
they can find out with forensic software just how much money they can
steal from you! Your post code is enough, and this code is so bloody
easy to find. Just be aware of this please.

Baz

Sorry, I should have said Foresic Internet Fraud.

Baz
Old 30-09-2011, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-09-30 18:25:15 +0100, Baz said:

Baz wrote in :

Look guys and girls, I know I can be a cnut. Enough of that.

I am trying to make us all aware of a new wave of fraud.

Forensic fraud.

Ok, some wise arse is going to say that their DNA is not possible
within the internet.

These people use whatever means they can to rob you of your money.

Forensic Fraud comes from your mobile phone or computer, meaning that
they can find out with forensic software just how much money they can
steal from you! Your post code is enough, and this code is so bloody
easy to find. Just be aware of this please.

Baz

Sorry, I should have said Foresic Internet Fraud.

Baz

Thank you for the warnings, Baz. It means we're all forewarned and
forearmed. I think further comments on this will fall on stony ground,
however. Probably better to get on with your own enjoyment of this
group.

Yes Sacha,
But on barren ground, not stony.

Baz
Old 01-10-2011, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 30, 6:02*pm, Baz wrote:
Look guys and girls, I know I can be a cnut. Enough of that.

I am trying to make us all aware of a new wave of fraud.

Forensic fraud.

Ok, some wise arse is going to say that their DNA is not possible within
the internet.

These people use whatever means they can to rob you of your money.

Forensic Fraud comes from your mobile phone or computer, meaning that they
can find out with forensic software just how much money they can steal from
you! Your post code is enough, and this code is so bloody easy to find.
Just be aware of this please.

Baz

There is a fool proof method of dealing with all this.
Conduct NO business of any sort on the internet.
Burn all paperwork, throw nothing out with personal details.
Keep nothing on any computer linked to the internet related to money,
personal details
etc.
The biggest threat then remaining is buying things by telephone using
credit card etc.

Things is gonna get worse over this next few years. Much worse.
I mean crime, robbery and burglary.
I think we all need to make our homes more secure. And gardens.
Best thing is a good dog.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/09/2011 18:25, Baz wrote:
wrote in :

Look guys and girls, I know I can be a cnut. Enough of that.

I am trying to make us all aware of a new wave of fraud.

Forensic fraud.

Ok, some wise arse is going to say that their DNA is not possible
within the internet.

These people use whatever means they can to rob you of your money.

Forensic Fraud comes from your mobile phone or computer, meaning that
they can find out with forensic software just how much money they can
steal from you! Your post code is enough, and this code is so bloody
easy to find. Just be aware of this please.

Baz

Sorry, I should have said Foresic Internet Fraud.

Baz

I suggest you stop reading scare stories in the Daily Mail or Express or
which ever paranoid right wing tabloid rag is feeding your delusions.

Get a grip. There are risks to being on the internet, but they can be
managed with a decent firewall and suitable anti virus and malware tools
will go a long way towards protecting you. Trouble is people click on
links and allow unknown code to run. Today even major players distribute
unsigned driver code online which is a total disgrace.

BTW: Knowing a postcode gives you next to nothing in a city.

You should probably be a lot more scared of 118 people search
http://www.118.com/people-search.mvc

Or the fully searchable copy of the (edited) electoral roll for England
given away with a computer magazine a few years back.

If you are really worried about online banking security you can run
something like Trusteer Rapport as recommended by some banks.

http://www.trusteer.com/product/trusteer-rapport

This blocks a most of the potential weak points in common browsers and
adds another layer of protection to secure online transactions.

Regards,
Martin Brown

Old 01-10-2011, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin Brown wrote in news:5RAhq.140
:

[...]

I may appear to be an alarmist, but truly I am not.

I have a firm grip.

I would respectfuly ask you to wait until Forensic Internet Fraud(FIF) hits
the news before you condemn me. It will no doubt shock you.

Forensic science is used by organised criminals, as well as the
authorities. Forget paper chases for a moment and think software chases by
those who like money SO much that they will go to any lengths to have ours.

As far as I am concerned this matter is closed until a time when it will be
taken seriously and everyone is aware.

Baz
Old 01-10-2011, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Baz wrote:

I may appear to be an alarmist, but truly I am not.

I have a firm grip.

I would respectfuly ask you to wait until Forensic Internet Fraud(FIF) hits
the news before you condemn me. It will no doubt shock you.

Not really - I have known about it for a decade or so. I am not what
I would call an expert in this area (though I am in several areas of
computing), but do know some of the country's top experts.

You are correct about the issues, but have misunderstood the details.
The extreme forms of such fraud are only done by organised crime,
such as the Mafia, Mossad, the CIA and so on, and the objectives are
either to extract millions (often several) or extend diplomacy by
other means (look that up). You and I are not interesting.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Emery Davis wrote:

Baz, do you know that (Dr) Nick Maclaren is a well respected lecturer in
computing at Cambridge? He is well positioned to know what he is
talking about. Sometimes it is well worth while to listen to those "in
the know." No offense intended, just saying.

Strictly, I am not a Lecturer, though I do lecture :-) And it is
my wife that has the PhD :-)

Nick, the old SiCortex module has made it into the computer museum.
Quite sad really.

Yes. It was a great pity the financiers killed that, as it had
great potential - I still don't understand exactly why they did.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Emery Davis wrote in
:

Baz, do you know that (Dr) Nick Maclaren is a well respected lecturer
in computing at Cambridge?

No! I did not, but as this is not about computing, why would I?

Baz

Old 01-10-2011, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Baz wrote:
Emery Davis wrote in
:

Baz, do you know that (Dr) Nick Maclaren is a well respected lecturer
in computing at Cambridge?

No! I did not, but as this is not about computing, why would I?

Internet security is a branch of IT. As I said, I am not personally
a real expert, though I know some. As several of us have said, your
fears are well-founded in principle, but you have many of the details
wrong and the risks are not as high or ubiquitous as you believe.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Frustrated bird Padraig Garden Photos 3 02-05-2007 09:08 PM
CO2 Injectors for Land Plants? Yes yes OT OT, I know... Ronn Cliborn Freshwater Aquaria Plants 6 07-12-2006 05:58 PM
Newbie and frustrated ebruvold Ponds 29 20-03-2005 02:47 AM
bird fair - rutland water - suitable for children ? yes.yes.yes Maudette United Kingdom 0 10-08-2004 11:45 AM
What should I do to keep my water clear? FRUSTRATED...? Lava Plays Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 01-05-2003 05:56 PM