GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Want to erect a greenhouse (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/189774-want-erect-greenhouse.html)

Jo[_5_] 27-02-2010 11:25 PM

Want to erect a greenhouse

Having moved into a new property at the end of last summer, I am keen to
erect a greenhouse in our new garden. We have a particular spot in mind but
wondered if there was a particularly good position for a greenhouse.
Any advice would be welcomed.

Jo

soup[_5_] 27-02-2010 11:34 PM

Want to erect a greenhouse

http://tinyurl.com/ye7ue56

soup[_5_] 28-02-2010 11:54 AM

Want to erect a greenhouse

On 28/02/2010 11:23, Jo wrote:
Thanks for that link. It seems that the position I have in mind will be
ideal.

One of the posters here wanted to know how I went about building my
(well son's) greenhouse so made this quick and dirty web page to show
it, thoughtwhy not let Jo see it. So even if it is not necessary here
it is.
http://www.cheesesoup.myby.co.uk/gh1.html

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 28-02-2010 11:54 AM

Want to erect a greenhouse

In article ,
says...
Having moved into a new property at the end of last summer, I am keen to
erect a greenhouse in our new garden. We have a particular spot in mind but
wondered if there was a particularly good position for a greenhouse.
Any advice would be welcomed.

Jo

It rather depends on what you want to grow in it but on the basis that
its easier to shade a sunny greenhouse than to make a shady one lighter,
full light with no shade is the most versitile spot, but there are few
bad places! :~)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Bob Hobden 28-02-2010 01:03 PM

Want to erect a greenhouse

"Jo" wrote ...
Having moved into a new property at the end of last summer, I am keen to
erect a greenhouse in our new garden. We have a particular spot in mind
but wondered if there was a particularly good position for a greenhouse.
Any advice would be welcomed.

One point I suggest is that you need to ensure light to your greenhouse so
don't put it on the South boundary of your property as the neighbour on that
side may decide to plant Leylandii and your greenhouse will become only fit
for ferns. Seen it.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden