GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Clematis (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/189856-clematis.html)

Ian Waddell 03-03-2010 11:36 AM

Clematis

Hi everyone,

My kind mother bought me 2 winter flowering and one spring flowering
clematis plants for my birthday a couple of weeks ago. They say not
to plant out until the risk of frost has passed so I currently have
them indoors. However, they are starting to grow quickly, and with
nothing to climb up, I am worried for their health.

What should I do?

Ian

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 03-03-2010 04:00 PM

Clematis

In article 49164458-a74c-4731-9a7d-
, says...
Hi everyone,

My kind mother bought me 2 winter flowering and one spring flowering
clematis plants for my birthday a couple of weeks ago. They say not
to plant out until the risk of frost has passed so I currently have
them indoors. However, they are starting to grow quickly, and with
nothing to climb up, I am worried for their health.

What should I do?

Ian

Indoors is too warm, stand them out, and bring them in each night frost
is forecast, if you let us know which varieties you have I will endever
to be more specific
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Ian Waddell 04-03-2010 12:46 PM

Clematis

On 3 Mar, 16:00, Charlie Pridham wrote:
In article 49164458-a74c-4731-9a7d-
, says... Hi everyone,

My kind mother bought me 2 winter flowering and one spring flowering
clematis plants for my birthday a couple of weeks ago. *They say not
to plant out until the risk of frost has passed so I currently have
them indoors. *However, they are starting to grow quickly, and with
nothing to climb up, I am worried for their health.

What should I do?

Ian

Indoors is too warm, stand them out, and bring them in each night frost
is forecast, if you let us know which varieties you have I will endever
to be more specific
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwallwww.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

Thanks Charlie... I don't know why I didn't think of that myself.

Ian