GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Meters in Aldi (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/190030-meters-aldi.html)

David WE Roberts[_2_] 09-03-2010 05:26 PM

Meters in Aldi

Aldi has (or had ) moisture and pH meters in stock at about £3.50 each.
Branded Gardenline.

The moisture meter seems to work; haven't tried the pH meter yet.

Dave Hill 09-03-2010 07:08 PM

Meters in Aldi

On 9 Mar, 17:26, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:
Aldi has (or had ) moisture and pH meters in stock at about 3.50 each.
Branded Gardenline.

The moisture meter seems to work; haven't tried the pH meter yet.

Try the Ph meter in something like Vinegar, that will tell you if it
is reading OK, I bought one a couple of years ago (Not from Lidl) and
the readings were reversed, they sent me a replacement and that was
the same, but a couple of mins with a saldering iron and I switched
the wires round and they then read OK.
David Hill

Bertie Doe 10-03-2010 08:49 PM

Meters in Aldi

"Dave Hill" wrote in
message

wrote:
Aldi has (or had ) moisture and pH meters in stock
at about 3.50 each.
Branded Gardenline.

The moisture meter seems to work; haven't tried the
pH meter yet.

Try the Ph meter in something like Vinegar, that will
tell you if it
is reading OK, I bought one a couple of years ago
(Not from Lidl) and
the readings were reversed, they sent me a
replacement and that was
the same, but a couple of mins with a saldering iron
and I switched
the wires round and they then read OK.
David Hill

Thanks for the vinegar tip, my soil moisture, ph and
light meter arrived this week via ebay. Similar model I
guess at £4.95 which incs p&p. I got it mainly for the
moisture measuring and I've tested it on the house and
garden plants and it's fairly accurate.
Next-door got about 2 years use from one of these,
before it gave up the ghost.
Bertie

Bertie Doe 13-03-2010 06:39 PM

Meters in Aldi

"Bertie Doe" wrote in message

"Dave Hill" wrote in
message

wrote:
[...]

Just an update : got a box of cattle manure today.
Quite surprised that it was almost on the max end of
the alkaline scale. In contrast I checked the compost
heap and bin and found it between neutral and acid. I
know courgettes grow quite well on the compost heap.

Bertie