GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   sprouts (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/190126-sprouts.html)

dido22 14-03-2010 12:40 PM

sprouts

Hello,

Is there any reason why I shouldn't grow brussels sprouts in tubs or
troughs? How big a tub ?

I love sprouts but have never tried growing them. All advice welcome

Thanks

KK

®óñ© © ²°¹° 14-03-2010 12:49 PM

sprouts

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 12:40:19 -0000, "dido22"
wrote:

Hello,

Is there any reason why I shouldn't grow brussels sprouts in tubs or
troughs? How big a tub ?

I would think not. Like all cabbage family plants they want access to
a deep well-fertilised run and also like to be stamped in really
firmly.

--
(¯`·. ®óñ© © ²°¹° .·´¯)

Gopher 14-03-2010 04:22 PM

sprouts

In message , dido22
writes
Hello,

Is there any reason why I shouldn't grow brussels sprouts in tubs or
troughs? How big a tub ?

I love sprouts but have never tried growing them. All advice welcome

Thanks

KK

I wouldn't put sprouts in a tub or trough. They need qute deep and well
compacted soil. Why not try new potatoes in a tub? We've done this for
the past few years and it works brilliantly - and leave you with
excellent bulking soil for spreading on other beds (although some manure
will be necessary to bring up the fertility).
--
Gopher .... I know my place!