GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Looking for (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/190131-looking.html)

STEPHEN 14-03-2010 07:31 PM

Looking for

what organisation would i get for work to do in my garden

i need a small patio built/layer and a new garden relaying, i don't want the
local builder or is a jack of all trades, but i need the right person to do
the right job

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 17-03-2010 10:15 AM

Looking for

In article ,
says...
what organisation would i get for work to do in my garden

i need a small patio built/layer and a new garden relaying, i don't want the
local builder or is a jack of all trades, but i need the right person to do
the right job

Landscape gardeners should be qualified to do this but I would like to
see the results of some previous jobs!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Tim 17-03-2010 11:56 AM

Looking for

i need a small patio built/layer and a new garden relaying, i don't want
the
local builder or is a jack of all trades, but i need the right person to
do
the right job

Landscape gardeners should be qualified to do this but I would like to
see the results of some previous jobs!

AND several quotes! I'd say asking around the neighbourhood among people
who've had similar work done, would be a good idea, too.

snip

Stephen
This site might be useful - I've no idea what they're like I'm afraid - my
work is in design not construction
http://www.landscaper.org.uk/

Tim

Hortivation 18-03-2010 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 880459)

i need a small patio built/layer and a new garden relaying, i don't want
the
local builder or is a jack of all trades, but i need the right person to
do
the right job

Landscape gardeners should be qualified to do this but I would like to
see the results of some previous jobs!

AND several quotes! I'd say asking around the neighbourhood among people
who've had similar work done, would be a good idea, too.

snip

Stephen
This site might be useful - I've no idea what they're like I'm afraid - my
work is in design not construction
http://www.landscaper.org.uk/

Tim

landscaper.org.uk (APL) - the landscape arm of the HTA would be useful if you need a landscaper, but if i were you I'd be looking for paving firm. Most landscapers are either good with hard landscaping (ie paving etc) or soft landscaping (ie plants), very few do both equally well, just because they've passed an asssesment by the APL doesnt mean they havent diversified since. At this time of year there seems to be plenty of paving firms about, if you cant get a direct referral from someone you know, look out for somewhere they're working and take a look at their work.