GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bulb question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/190146-bulb-question.html)

Syke[_2_] 15-03-2010 09:29 AM

Bulb question

Last year, my wife bought some Allium and Narcissus bulbs for Autumn
planting. She forgot about these and found them recently in the (cold)
greenhouse where they have been all Winter. Could these be planted now, or
should she wait for Autumn again?

Regards

P J Macguire (Central Scotland)

Dave Hill 15-03-2010 09:37 AM

Bulb question

On 15 Mar, 09:29, "Syke" wrote:
Last year, my wife bought some Allium and Narcissus bulbs for Autumn
planting. *She forgot about these and *found them recently in the (cold)
greenhouse where they have been all Winter. *Could these be planted now, or
should she wait for Autumn again?

Regards

P J Macguire *(Central Scotland)

Plant ASA, they will flower this year but may miss next year, but give
them a bit of feed when they are in flower.
David Hill

Syke[_2_] 16-03-2010 07:49 AM

Bulb question

Syke wrote:
Last year, my wife bought some Allium and Narcissus bulbs for Autumn
planting. She forgot about these and found them recently in the
(cold) greenhouse where they have been all Winter. Could these be
planted now, or should she wait for Autumn again?

Regards

P J Macguire (Central Scotland)

Thanks for the helpful replies.

Regards