GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Salad packs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/190192-salad-packs.html)

Dave Hill 17-03-2010 11:17 PM

Salad packs

I was in Lidl yesterday and they had the packs of growing salad
reduced to 45p so I bought a pack, brought it home and split it out
into 12 sections and planted up one of the pot carying trays that
holds 12 4 inch pots, just filled it with compost and planted into it,
no pots.
It will be interesting to see what they make in 2 or 3 weeks,
Looking at the plants it looks as if you could break the pack right
down and plant out the lettuce etc in 2's and 3's into the open ground
a bit later in the season. Might just try it.
David Hill

Christina Websell[_2_] 19-03-2010 07:24 PM

Salad packs

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
I was in Lidl yesterday and they had the packs of growing salad
reduced to 45p so I bought a pack, brought it home and split it out
into 12 sections and planted up one of the pot carying trays that
holds 12 4 inch pots, just filled it with compost and planted into it,
no pots.
It will be interesting to see what they make in 2 or 3 weeks,
Looking at the plants it looks as if you could break the pack right
down and plant out the lettuce etc in 2's and 3's into the open ground
a bit later in the season. Might just try it.
David Hill

Tesco remainders veg stuff just before I go home from work and I call in.
I always rescue the growing herbs which are flopping as no one has watered
them for ages. They are available for 35p and will be OK when I plant them
once they've had a good drink. I have a seriously ill curled parsley
recovering in my sink as we speak.
It will be fine I think, but if it doesn't it was worth 35p to try.

Tina

No Name 19-03-2010 11:26 PM

Salad packs

Christina Websell wrote:
Tesco remainders veg stuff just before I go home from work and I call in.
I always rescue the growing herbs which are flopping as no one has watered
them for ages. They are available for 35p and will be OK when I plant them
once they've had a good drink. I have a seriously ill curled parsley
recovering in my sink as we speak.
It will be fine I think, but if it doesn't it was worth 35p to try.

All my baby basil plants have flopped and looking decidedly ropey. :-(
They're not under or over watered, so all I can think of is that they must
have caught the cold overnight, especially now the heating isn't on in the
house.

Divingbrit 27-03-2010 05:02 PM

Salad packs

Mine seemed to be growing quite well in the greenhouse

www.lincolnfuchsiasociety.info
www.lincolnshire2012.com

Divingbrit 24-04-2010 06:06 PM

Salad packs

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 16:17:49 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

I was in Lidl yesterday and they had the packs of growing salad
reduced to 45p so I bought a pack, brought it home and split it out
into 12 sections and planted up one of the pot carying trays that
holds 12 4 inch pots, just filled it with compost and planted into it,
no pots.
It will be interesting to see what they make in 2 or 3 weeks,
Looking at the plants it looks as if you could break the pack right
down and plant out the lettuce etc in 2's and 3's into the open ground
a bit later in the season. Might just try it.

Well a month later and I have lots and lots of fresh salad. I have
kept them in the greenhouse and will buy them again,,