GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   olive tree release (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/190194-olive-tree-release.html)

sally H 18-03-2010 08:36 AM

olive tree release

I live in a frost pocket and after having nearly lost my olive tree a few
years ago due to a very cold spell, I now wrap it up. When can I uncover
it - it is 8 years old and the trunk is about 1.5 inches in diameter. It is
in a fairly sheltered position.
Thanks.

Rusty Hinge[_2_] 18-03-2010 09:50 PM

olive tree release

sally H wrote:
I live in a frost pocket and after having nearly lost my olive tree a few
years ago due to a very cold spell, I now wrap it up. When can I uncover
it - it is 8 years old and the trunk is about 1.5 inches in diameter. It is
in a fairly sheltered position.
Thanks.

Mine's smaller than that and has survived this winter outside.

However, what's OK for one tree might not be so good for another.

--
Rusty