GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tagetes Minuta (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/190247-tagetes-minuta.html)

Ann Lancing 20-03-2010 10:50 AM

Tagetes Minuta

Does anyone know where I can buy seeds of Tagetes Minuta.

The plants are supposed to deter ground elder.
Ann

Phil Gurr 20-03-2010 11:53 AM

Tagetes Minuta

"Ann Lancing" wrote in message

Does anyone know where I can buy seeds of Tagetes Minuta.

The plants are supposed to deter ground elder.
Ann

Available from Chiltern Seeds, catalogue No. 1222D
www.chilternseeds.co.uk

HTH

Phil

Pam Moore[_2_] 20-03-2010 03:11 PM

Tagetes Minuta

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 11:53:58 -0000, "Phil Gurr"
wrote:

"Ann Lancing" wrote in message

Does anyone know where I can buy seeds of Tagetes Minuta.

The plants are supposed to deter ground elder.
Ann

Available from Chiltern Seeds, catalogue No. 1222D
www.chilternseeds.co.uk

HTH

Phil

Yes I got mine from Chiltern some years ago. I heard on GQT (Bob F)
that it would deter couch grass, but it didn't!

Pam in Bristol

Rusty Hinge[_2_] 20-03-2010 09:04 PM

Tagetes Minuta

Ann Lancing wrote:

Does anyone know where I can buy seeds of Tagetes Minuta.

The plants are supposed to deter ground elder.

It won't.

However, pick the young ground elder leaves as they appear and prepare
as for spinach.

In the long run, that deters it.

--
Rusty

John 20-03-2010 09:52 PM

Tagetes Minuta - herbicidal & insecticidal properties

Ann Lancing wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy seeds of Tagetes Minuta.

The plants are supposed to deter ground elder.
Ann

According to the New Royal Horticultural Society Dictionary Dictionary of
Gardening (1992), Production of deterrent chemicals does not begin until the
3rd or 4th month after sowing, and plants for this purpose should be sown under
glass in late Winter at 21°C/70°F to be set out after danger of frost.
John

someone 23-03-2010 01:25 PM

Tagetes Minuta

"Ann Lancing" wrote in message

Does anyone know where I can buy seeds of Tagetes Minuta.

The plants are supposed to deter ground elder.
Ann

Also available at Simpsons Seeds as Mexican Marigold, F/UF003
http://www.simpsonsseeds.co.uk/shop/Useful_Flowers.html

someone