GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Clematis (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/190690-clematis.html)

Timothy Murphy 07-04-2010 10:30 PM

Clematis

Is Jackmanii still the choice of the pack,
or is that day long past?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 08-04-2010 09:45 AM

Clematis

In article ,
says...
Is Jackmanii still the choice of the pack,
or is that day long past?

Depends what you want to achieve, we find its a class one wilter and we
have nothing but trouble with it, flowers well about once ever 3 years,
lots of other people have no trouble with it and rate it highly
If it were me I would chose Gipsy Queen one of the many Jackmanii
lookalikes
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk