GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What has eaten my tulip bulbs? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/190822-what-has-eaten-my-tulip-bulbs.html)

David in Normandy[_8_] 15-04-2010 02:03 PM

What has eaten my tulip bulbs?

Some clumps have come up, some haven't or just have weak leaves. On
closer inspection the bulbs are completely gone and there are holes in
the ground around 1 - 2 inches diameter near them. The few sick looking
leaves remaining aren't attached to anything.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.

~Brian~ 15-04-2010 03:10 PM

David in Normandy wrote:
Some clumps have come up, some haven't or just have weak leaves. On
closer inspection the bulbs are completely gone and there are holes in
the ground around 1 - 2 inches diameter near them. The few sick
looking leaves remaining aren't attached to anything.

Squirrels like bulbs!

Pam Moore[_2_] 15-04-2010 05:52 PM

What has eaten my tulip bulbs?

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 15:10:36 +0100, "~Brian~"
wrote:

David in Normandy wrote:
Some clumps have come up, some haven't or just have weak leaves. On
closer inspection the bulbs are completely gone and there are holes in
the ground around 1 - 2 inches diameter near them. The few sick
looking leaves remaining aren't attached to anything.

Squirrels like bulbs!

I planted tulips in pots a few years ago. The same thing happened;
holes, no bulbs I never see squirrels, but do see mice. I guessed it
was the miche which ate my bulbs.

Pam in Bristol

Rod 15-04-2010 06:55 PM

What has eaten my tulip bulbs?

On Apr 15, 2:03*pm, David in Normandy
wrote:
Some clumps have come up, some haven't or just have weak leaves. On
closer inspection the bulbs are completely gone and there are holes in
the ground around 1 - 2 inches diameter near them. The few sick looking
leaves remaining aren't attached to anything.

--
David in Normandy. *
* *To e-mail you must include the password FROG on the
* *subject line, or it will be automatically deleted
* *by a filter and not reach my inbox.

It's Voles - they had a field day, running around unmolested under the
snow. They wiped out my Jap.anemomes and it looks as though they might
have killed a few of my young apple trees.

Rod