GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Odd things growing! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/190911-odd-things-growing.html)

alan.holmes 19-04-2010 09:01 PM

Odd things growing!

Just discovered what might be a gooseberry bush growing under a tree, and in
the front garden, on a paved area, strawberry plants growing, and where a
plastic sheet had been put down to stop the weeds, tomato plants appeared,
where do they come from?

Alan

Dave Hill 20-04-2010 02:01 PM

Odd things growing!

On 19 Apr, 21:01, "alan.holmes" wrote:
Just discovered what might be a gooseberry bush growing under a tree, and in
the front garden, on a paved area, strawberry plants growing, and where a
plastic sheet had been put down to stop the weeds, tomato plants appeared,
where do they come from?

Alan

Sorry but I can't get the picture out of my head of you going out and
discovering a gooseberry bush under a Bay(b) Tree.

Birds do drop seeds when they are perched or wandering the ground so
they may be responsible.
David Hill