GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Euphorbia (Spurge) question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/190997-euphorbia-spurge-question.html)

Syke[_2_] 22-04-2010 02:18 PM

Euphorbia (Spurge) question

We have three spurges (Euphorbia Redwing) in the garden (Central Scotland)
which are completely brown, after the winter. Should we:

Replace them?

Leave them a bit longer?

Cut them down close to the ground?

Regards

P J Macguire

Rusty Hinge[_2_] 25-04-2010 06:25 PM

Euphorbia (Spurge) question

Syke wrote:
We have three spurges (Euphorbia Redwing) in the garden (Central Scotland)
which are completely brown, after the winter. Should we:

Replace them?

Leave them a bit longer?

Cut them down close to the ground?

My wood spurges are fine, though we haven't had the really low
temperatures some parts of Scotland have.

Low enough to severly 'burn' ceonothus and kill some other shrubs though.

I'd leave them and hope.

--
Rusty