GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   begonias (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/191155-begonias.html)

farida 28-04-2010 01:04 PM

begonias

My begonias in hanging baskets looked like they were sprouting a week ago but when I checked again today the sprouts are brown and dry. I water them regularly.

No Name 28-04-2010 04:56 PM

begonias

farida wrote:
My begonias in hanging baskets looked like they were sprouting a week
ago but when I checked again today the sprouts are brown and dry. I
water them regularly.

Caught the frost, perhaps?

farida 28-04-2010 09:33 PM

They are otside in a south facing garden.I dug them out, out of curiosity. They seem fine..they have tiny buds on the top and roots starting to grow at the bottom. I put them back and brought the baskets indoors into the conservatory. Once they are established I will hang them outside.