GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Need to help to identify and buy (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/191204-need-help-identify-buy.html)

T[_3_] 30-04-2010 08:35 PM

Need to help to identify and buy

This year I have lost this plant

http://www.flickr.com/photos/plantsf...en/4565798151/

can anyone tell me what it is (I think it is in the hydrangea family) and
where I can buy one.

Thanks

David WE Roberts[_2_] 30-04-2010 09:25 PM

"T" wrote in message
This year I have lost this plant

http://www.flickr.com/photos/plantsf...en/4565798151/

can anyone tell me what it is (I think it is in the hydrangea family) and
where I can buy one.

Looks like a Hydrangea.

They had some Hydrangeas in Lidl today but I don't know which variety.

Nearly all garden centres sell them.

Stewart Robert Hinsley 30-04-2010 09:26 PM

Need to help to identify and buy

In message , T
writes
This year I have lost this plant

http://www.flickr.com/photos/plantsf...en/4565798151/

can anyone tell me what it is (I think it is in the hydrangea family) and
where I can buy one.

It's a mophead hydrangea. No idea which cultivar.

Thanks

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Mike Buckley 30-04-2010 09:52 PM

Need to help to identify and buy

In message , T
writes
This year I have lost this plant

http://www.flickr.com/photos/plantsf...en/4565798151/

can anyone tell me what it is (I think it is in the hydrangea family) and
where I can buy one.

Thanks

If I knew how to take a cutting off mine you could have one, not quite
the same hydrangea tho

--
Mike Buckley
RD350LC2

Donwill[_2_] 01-05-2010 07:56 AM

On 2010-04-30 20:35:56 +0100, "T" said:

This year I have lost this plant

http://www.flickr.com/photos/plantsf...en/4565798151/

can anyone tell me what it is (I think it is in the hydrangea family)
and
where I can buy one.

Thanks

Looks very like the mophead Hydrangea known as H. macrophylla Ayesha.

Are we sure it's not a viburnum of some kind?
Don

kay 01-05-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donwill[_2_] (Post 885821)
On 2010-04-30 20:35:56 +0100, "T" said:

This year I have lost this plant

P9230359 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

can anyone tell me what it is (I think it is in the hydrangea family)
and
where I can buy one.

Thanks

Looks very like the mophead Hydrangea known as H. macrophylla Ayesha.

Are we sure it's not a viburnum of some kind?
Don

The photo shows quite intensely blue centres (ie the flowers at the centre of the 4 bracts) - do you get that blue pigment in Viburnums?