GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   comparing pot sizes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/191219-comparing-pot-sizes.html)

Janet Tweedy 01-05-2010 11:55 AM

comparing pot sizes

Is there a table that compares pot sizes at all?
Does 1 litre equate to a standard cm measurement?
Looking to buy a lot of 5in ones to pot stuff up for a NGS plant sale
and not sure what that would be in cm or square!!

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Dave Hill 01-05-2010 03:35 PM

comparing pot sizes

On 2010-05-01 11:55:11 +0100, Janet Tweedy said:

Is there a table that compares pot sizes at all?
Does 1 litre equate to a standard cm measurement?
Looking to buy *a lot of 5in ones to pot stuff up for a NGS plant sale
and not sure what that would be in cm or square!!

Janet

A 1 litre pot is about 5" diameter. *But you can get 1 litre pots as
'long toms', which are narrower but longer and which we use for sweet
peas.
Trehane have a handy table on their site which shows the size pots
their Camellias are sold in:http://www.trehanenursery.co.uk/plan...nd-pricing.php
and these people sell qite a variety: *http://www.thegardensuperstore.co.uk...ght_Plant_Pots....
--

Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.

I think this is what you are looking for.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...4u2/pots01.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...4u2/pots02.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...4u2/pots03.jpg

David

Janet Tweedy 03-05-2010 01:15 AM

comparing pot sizes

In article , Sacha
writes
http://www.thegardensuperstore.co.uk/acatalog/Lightweight_Plant_Pots.html
--

Thanks Sacha but they only go up to 9cm and Judy has a lot of herbaceous
stuff that really needs 11cm squares or failing that maybe 1 litre

(Hope you got the plants okay, my Canarina canariensis seeds have
germinated so I am now trying to encourage them to grow)

Janet

Janet Tweedy 03-05-2010 01:18 AM

comparing pot sizes

In article
,
Dave Hill writes
I think this is what you are looking for.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...4u2/pots01.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...4u2/pots02.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...4u2/pots03.jpg

David

Thanks David, I did try LBS before, not sure why i hadn't gone to them
again.

Janet

Janet Tweedy 03-05-2010 11:55 AM

comparing pot sizes

In article , Sacha
writes
We get our pots from Munros but I suspect they only send them out in
the hundreds or more. How many do you need?

Oh thanks Sacha, but we need only about 150 - 300, especially square
ones and Judy is trying to keep the cost down as it's for the NGS Open
day:)

I think there were one or two auction lots on Ebay that i might try for
her.

Janet

Dave Hill 03-05-2010 01:00 PM

comparing pot sizes

On 3 May, 11:55, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Sacha
writes

We get our pots from Munros but I suspect they only send them out in
the hundreds or more. *How many do you need?

Oh thanks Sacha, but we need only about 150 - 300, especially square
ones and Judy is trying to keep the cost down as it's for the NGS Open
day:)

I think there were one or two auction lots on Ebay that i might try for
her.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraphhttp://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

Why don't you put up a notice at the open day saying you'd welcome any
unwanted pots for next years plant sales, I'm sure you would get a
lot
David

Janet Tweedy 03-05-2010 10:15 PM

comparing pot sizes

In article
,
Dave Hill writes
Why don't you put up a notice at the open day saying you'd welcome any
unwanted pots for next years plant sales, I'm sure you would get a
lot
David

You do David, and we did but the pots you get are the little 11cm ones
or smaller or squat. Trying to squash a largish amount of geranium or
whatever into those pots isn't easy!

Janet