Old 01-05-2010, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Help please identifying disease on Pear tree leaf

Hello All.

Planted a young Conference pear tree last year. I've not done anything with
it other than feed and drink. Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed
most of the upper leaves have developed this red spotting on them..

http://i42.tinypic.com/atuu03.jpg

The leaves are curling and the poor thing looks a bit sad. Can anyone please
help identify the problem and suggest anything to help?

many thanks,

Rich, Gloucester, UK.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"rich" wrote in message
om...
Hello All.

Planted a young Conference pear tree last year. I've not done anything
with
it other than feed and drink. Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed
most of the upper leaves have developed this red spotting on them..

http://i42.tinypic.com/atuu03.jpg

The leaves are curling and the poor thing looks a bit sad. Can anyone
please
help identify the problem and suggest anything to help?

many thanks,

Have a look at this site:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/lancashire/cont..._feature.shtml

There's a question on there from someone who seems to have a similar problem
to yours.

HTH

Tina

Old 02-05-2010, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"rich" wrote in message
om...
Hello All.

Planted a young Conference pear tree last year. I've not done anything
with
it other than feed and drink. Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed
most of the upper leaves have developed this red spotting on them..

http://i42.tinypic.com/atuu03.jpg

The leaves are curling and the poor thing looks a bit sad. Can anyone
please
help identify the problem and suggest anything to help?

many thanks,

Have a look at this site:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/lancashire/cont..._feature.shtml

There's a question on there from someone who seems to have a similar
problem to yours.

HTH

Tina

Thanks Tina, that's very helpful. Possibly, and since I've given up hope for
fruit this year I should go for broke and try anti-fungal as well as some
insecticide- kill or cure

Cheers

Rich.

Old 22-05-2010, 01:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"rich" wrote in message
om...
Hello All.

Planted a young Conference pear tree last year. I've not done anything
with
it other than feed and drink. Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed
most of the upper leaves have developed this red spotting on them..

http://i42.tinypic.com/atuu03.jpg

It looks like pear leaf blister mite. You can google this to find out
more,
and maybe a way of getting rid of it.

someone