Old 03-05-2010, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Is there a veg gardner out there, who:-

Is not as daft as me, and who has a memory, unlike me, who could post an
article telling me/us what veg seeds to plant at a particular time/date at
least once a week?

Please help.

Alan

Old 03-05-2010, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/03/2010 03:21 PM, AriesVal wrote:
On Mon, 3 May 2010 14:35:55 +0100, alan.holmes wrote:
Is not as daft as me, and who has a memory, unlike me, who could post an
article telling me/us what veg seeds to plant at a particular time/date at
least once a week?

Maybe you'd like to keep a shortcut to this link on your desktop - I find it
very useful

http://www.gardenersworld.com/what-to-do-now/

I'm really glad of that link too - many thanks. I'm even more pleased
I've been doing one or two of those things this week already (weeding
the lawn and planting some carrots).

I've been subscribed to Dig-In for a while, but found that too
restricted so haven't even tried to follow it.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/digin/

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride
Old 03-05-2010, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"AriesVal" wrote in message
On Mon, 3 May 2010 14:35:55 +0100, alan.holmes wrote:

Is not as daft as me, and who has a memory, unlike me, who could post an
article telling me/us what veg seeds to plant at a particular time/date
at
least once a week?

Please help.

Alan

Maybe you'd like to keep a shortcut to this link on your desktop - I find
it
very useful

http://www.gardenersworld.com/what-to-do-now/

Thanks have marked it and will try to remember to access it often!

Alan

--
There's so much bad in the best of us
and so much good in the worst of us,

Old 03-05-2010, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"alan.holmes" wrote in message

Is not as daft as me, and who has a memory, unlike me, who could post an
article telling me/us what veg seeds to plant at a particular time/date at
least once a week?

Please help.

I just arrange the seed packets in order of when they suggest sowing, then
when I have time/inclination/weather to do some sowing, start at the front
and work my way back. As a refinement to this you can then separate the
packets into those you sow once, and those you sow repeatedly for
successional crops.

Steve

Old 04-05-2010, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"alan.holmes" wrote in message

Is not as daft as me, and who has a memory, unlike me, who could post an
article telling me/us what veg seeds to plant at a particular time/date
at least once a week?

Please help.

I just arrange the seed packets in order of when they suggest sowing, then
when I have time/inclination/weather to do some sowing, start at the front
and work my way back. As a refinement to this you can then separate the
packets into those you sow once, and those you sow repeatedly for
successional crops.

Why didn't I think of that!(:-(

Alan

Steve