GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/191646-help.html)

Liam38 23-05-2010 05:39 PM

Help

1 Attachment(s)
I haven't got a clue what this is. Can anyone help ?
Thanks
Liam

kay 23-05-2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam38 (Post 888157)
I haven't got a clue what this is. Can anyone help ?
Thanks
Liam

Foxglove.

It's much easier when there are flowers :-)

®óñ© © ²°¹° 23-05-2010 09:37 PM

Plant (Weed?) Identification

On Sun, 23 May 2010 12:36:33 -0400, Liam38
wrote:

Help,
I suspect this is a weed. Can anone tell me whether it's a plant or a
weed.

There's no reason to suppose that it can't be both

--
(¯`·. ®óñ© © ²°¹° .·´¯)

Stewart Robert Hinsley 23-05-2010 09:43 PM

Plant (Weed?) Identification

In message , Liam38
writes

Help,
I suspect this is a weed. Can anone tell me whether it's a plant or a
weed.
Thanks
Liam

Weeds are plants. (One definition of a weed is a plant growing where it
isn't wanted.)

Anyway, what you have is red valerian (Centranthus ruber) in both the
white and red forms (there's also a pink form) which is a garden plant
which often escapes into dry habitats (e.g. walls, pavement edges)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley