GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   The colour of my grass (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/191666-colour-my-grass.html)

mo[_3_] 23-05-2010 03:42 PM

The colour of my grass

Recently I had turf laid down.

It is Rolawn Medallion turf sourced from the same shop (and presumably
fields near eachother)

On the day of fitting they came back with only half the required amount
because the shop had accidentally sold half my order off.

Anyway they came back 3 days later with the rest of it.

Only thing is the 2 halves are a slightly different colour with one side
being a darker green.

Question - what determines the colour of the grass and is there any chance
they will match up somewhere down the line?

Possibly making it worse is that the lighter half gets consistent sun
whereas the darker bit is slightly shaded by my fence.