GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hydrangea leaves look rusty. HELP! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/191739-hydrangea-leaves-look-rusty-help.html)

caroljaye 26-05-2010 11:52 PM

Hydrangea leaves look rusty. HELP!

Can anyone identify what is wrong with my Hydrangea leaves please? Some of them are starting to look tired, old and rusty! It is a relatively young plant and was very pretty last year. I dont know what to do,,,,,,, remove, spray or what? Any suggestions for me please?

Bob Hobden 27-05-2010 08:27 AM

Hydrangea leaves look rusty. HELP!

"caroljaye" wrote ...

Can anyone identify what is wrong with my Hydrangea leaves please? Some
of them are starting to look tired, old and rusty! It is a relatively
young plant and was very pretty last year. I dont know what to do,,,,,,,
remove, spray or what? Any suggestions for me please?

I don't know where you are but it has been very dry here for weeks and as
they don't like dry perhaps it's suffering from lack of water. I've been
watering mine for weeks.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

No Name 27-05-2010 10:57 AM

Bob Hobden wrote:
I don't know where you are but it has been very dry here for weeks and as
they don't like dry perhaps it's suffering from lack of water. I've been
watering mine for weeks.

Nick watered the whole allotment yesterday, which is why by midnight and it
appears mostly through the night, it has been piddling it down.

No Name 27-05-2010 11:52 AM

Hydrangea leaves look rusty. HELP!

Sacha wrote:
We've just had a lorry in and the driver said it was raining in
Taunton. Here we have blue sky and the odd fluffy white cloud. A bit
of rain and then stop would be lovely!

Over in my little corner of Essex it was absolutely pidding it down when I
went to bed, and didn't sound like it had any plan of stopping. This
morning it was grey and looked like it was thinking of raining again. And
when we landed in London it was damp and mizzley.

®óñ© © ²°¹° 27-05-2010 01:46 PM

On 27 May 2010 10:52:12 GMT, wrote:

Sacha wrote:
We've just had a lorry in and the driver said it was raining in
Taunton. Here we have blue sky and the odd fluffy white cloud. A bit
of rain and then stop would be lovely!

Over in my little corner of Essex it was absolutely pidding it down when I
went to bed, and didn't sound like it had any plan of stopping. This
morning it was grey and looked like it was thinking of raining again. And
when we landed in London it was damp and mizzley.

In yer Sarf Wales it has been unbroken sunshine and heat from
daybreak.

--
(¯`·. ®óñ© © ²°¹° .·´¯)

No Name 27-05-2010 03:25 PM

Hydrangea leaves look rusty. HELP!

Sacha wrote:
Which corner of Essex, Vicky? Ray comes from Upshire - lovely bit of
the county.

Old Harlow, near the Herts border.

No Name 27-05-2010 04:50 PM

Hydrangea leaves look rusty. HELP!

Sacha wrote:
It's very pretty there and sufficiently far from London!

Sufficiently far to give me a pain of a commute. :-(

Bob Hobden 27-05-2010 05:32 PM

Hydrangea leaves look rusty. HELP!

"®óñ© © ²°¹°" wrote ..
wrote:
Sacha wrote:
We've just had a lorry in and the driver said it was raining in
Taunton. Here we have blue sky and the odd fluffy white cloud. A bit
of rain and then stop would be lovely!

Over in my little corner of Essex it was absolutely pidding it down when I
went to bed, and didn't sound like it had any plan of stopping. This
morning it was grey and looked like it was thinking of raining again. And
when we landed in London it was damp and mizzley.

In yer Sarf Wales it has been unbroken sunshine and heat from
daybreak.

Had a light shower over night, well I did clean the car yesterday, but it
wasn't enough to penetrate the ground here whereas just a few miles away
they seemed to have had significantly more rain. Perhaps I should start
growing Cacti!

--
Regards
Bob Hobden