GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   salvia nemorosa Caradonna (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/191900-salvia-nemorosa-caradonna.html)

Pam Moore[_2_] 02-06-2010 10:53 PM

salvia nemorosa Caradonna

At the weekend I asked about the blue salvia which Andy Sturgeon used
in his Chelsea garden. Dave and Paul both gave me the name and some
very useful info, including, from Paul, a link to the Telegraph
gardening web site which is selling it.
Dave suggested hunting around garden centres for the plant but as I
can no longer drive this would be difficult so I decided to order from
the Telegraph. Plants were 6.99 each. I ordered 2, one for a
friend's birthday.
They arrived today. 2 excellent plants, about 2 feet high, with
several flowering stems. They were packed in a tall cardboard box,
kept upright, and in fine condition. It was worth the cost.

Compare that with a pack of 24 (8x3) perennials, as plugs, from T&M.
They arrived at 8am on Tuesday last week, just at the end of the very
hot weather we had. They were just about cooked! They'd presumably
been in a Royal Mail van the previous day. They were moist, but the
tops were brown and dead. I've emailed T&M twice now, but only an
automated reply.

Pam in Bristol