GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fruit tree grease bands (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/191912-fruit-tree-grease-bands.html)

Mike Buckley 03-06-2010 10:10 AM

Fruit tree grease bands

Anybody know what type of grease is used in the purpose made bands or
tubs? I've got loads of it in the garage but I don't want to smear it
on the tree if it'll do damage.

--
Mike Buckley
RD350LC2

No Name 03-06-2010 12:43 PM

Fruit tree grease bands

Mike Buckley wrote:
Anybody know what type of grease is used in the purpose made bands or
tubs? I've got loads of it in the garage but I don't want to smear it
on the tree if it'll do damage.

I believe we've used vaseline in the past, but neither that nor the purpose
made ones seem to stop the damned ants getting up and making aphid farms on
our poor cherry tree. :'(