GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Gardeners Worlds Free Fuchsia Offer (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/192119-gardeners-worlds-free-fuchsia-offer.html)

Trevor A 11-06-2010 10:29 PM

Gardeners Worlds Free Fuchsia Offer

Did anyone get the free fuchsias in GW Magi a couple of months ago? Do you
know what varieties they are? Are they hardy types?

Trevor
East Yorkshire

Chris J Dixon 12-06-2010 09:01 AM

"Trevor A" wrote:

Did anyone get the free fuchsias in GW Magi a couple of months ago? Do you
know what varieties they are? Are they hardy types?

Mine arrived about ten days ago, and comprised, with hardiness:

Beckie Lou yes
Bella Rosella no
Blueberry Fizz no
Deep Purple half
Delta's Sarah yes
Jolly Nantes yes
Seventh Heaven half
Voodoo no

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.

No Name 12-06-2010 10:49 AM

Gardeners Worlds Free Fuchsia Offer

Chris J Dixon wrote:
Delta's Sarah yes

My Delta Sarah died last year (not this winter just gone, the one before -
so none of this "oh, it was extreme weather this year" mlarky to fall back
on!)

Chris J Dixon 14-06-2010 07:50 AM

"Trevor A" wrote:

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
.. .
"Trevor A" wrote:

Did anyone get the free fuchsias in GW Magi a couple of months ago? Do you
know what varieties they are? Are they hardy types?

Mine arrived about ten days ago, and comprised, with hardiness:

Beckie Lou yes
Bella Rosella no
Blueberry Fizz no
Deep Purple half
Delta's Sarah yes
Jolly Nantes yes
Seventh Heaven half
Voodoo no

Really! I don't remember them being labeled.

There were shipped in two moulded clear plastic containers, each
with six separate pockets with letters A to F embossed into them.

Both containers had a paper label indicating what was in each
position (F was empty).

If you mean that hardiness was not labelled, you are correct, I
simply used Google.

Chris