Old 20-06-2010, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default "The Garden"

Hello Sacha,

Have just come across the article on Hill House Nursery in the July RHS
"The Garden" magazine. I must try to ensure that my wife doesn't see it
otherwise she'll be off down the A303/38 like a rocket, but I suspect it
will be a losing battle.

As I've been away for a couple of weeks it may be that this has already
been the subject of an earlier thread; if so, please excuse me.

Congratulations to you, Ray and Matthew! It's a very interesting article
with beautiful illustrations and Hill House looks absolutely super.
Obviously Roy Lancaster was greatly enamoured of it. I suspect your tea
sales may increase accordingly :-))
--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Old 20-06-2010, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2010-06-20 12:26:38 +0100, Gopher said:

Hello Sacha,
Have just come across the article on Hill House Nursery in the July
RHS "The Garden" magazine. I must try to ensure that my wife doesn't
see it otherwise she'll be off down the A303/38 like a rocket, but I
suspect it will be a losing battle.
As I've been away for a couple of weeks it may be that this has
already been the subject of an earlier thread; if so, please excuse me.
Congratulations to you, Ray and Matthew! It's a very interesting
article with beautiful illustrations and Hill House looks absolutely
super. Obviously Roy Lancaster was greatly enamoured of it. I suspect
your tea sales may increase accordingly :-))

Thank you very much! We had the proof of the article a couple of weeks
ago but only got the magazine yesterday. Obviously, we're absolutely
delighted with all Roy's complimentary remarks and certainly as he left
he said he'd fallen in love with the place - very gratifying from such
a source! You mentioning the tea room reminds me that on the day Roy
came last June, he brought with him a photographer and features editor
and of course, we planned to give them lunch in the tea room. It was
so crowded and the nursery so busy that day that we had to eat in our
kitchen. But several of our customers had a very pleasant surprise
when they saw Roy strolling around. He's a very warm personality and a
passionate plantsman. We liked him enormously.
Tell your wife to let me know when she's on her way and don't come when
we're away in early July, will you! ;-)

There is absolutely zero chance of her coming on her own! Otherwise it
could be a dangerously expensive trip :-))

--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Old 26-06-2010, 08:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 20, 11:08*pm, AriesVal
On 2010-06-20 12:26:38 +0100, Gopher said:

[...]

congratulations Ray and Sacha. *I found this mention of Hill House Nursery
on the RHS websitehttp://apps.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantfinder/nurseryfinder3.asp?ID=552&so=pf
--

& I found this http://www.rhs.org.uk/RHSWebsite/fil...b821a59592.pdf

Congrats to Sacha and family.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

No-Archive:Yes
On Jun 20, 12:26*pm, Gopher wrote:
Hello Sacha,

Have just come across the article on Hill House Nursery in the July RHS
"The Garden" magazine. I must try to ensure that my wife doesn't see it
otherwise she'll be off down the A303/38 like a rocket, but I suspect it
will be a losing battle.

As I've been away for a couple of weeks it may be that this has already
been the subject of an earlier thread; if so, please excuse me.

Congratulations to you, Ray and Matthew! It's a very interesting article
with beautiful illustrations and Hill House looks absolutely super.
Obviously Roy Lancaster was greatly enamoured of it. I suspect your tea
sales may increase accordingly :-))
--
Gopher .... I know my place!

I echo your words, what a stunning article and Hill House deserves
every word, well done Sacha, Ray and Family. Now a little matter to
discuss dear Friend, would the Weigelia survive here if I put it in a
sheltered position, I love it, it is stunning. I will be in the UK
soon so could have it delivered to Fio's?
Old 01-07-2010, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 01/07/10 15:45, Judith in France wrote:
[...]

We are still waiting for our copy. Why is there such a delay sending
copies outside UK? Most other mail arrives in NL within 2 to 3 days.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2010-07-01 14:45:49 +0100, Judith in France
said:

[...]

Neither of us has gardened in such extreme temps so can only say that
it's said to be hardy to Zone 6 which is temps to - 23 It grows very
large so apart from anything else, I think snow weight would damage its
branches. OTOH, it's easily kept to the desired size if cut back after
flowering. Many thanks for the kind words (and the emails to the
Nursery) from so many people. It's all down to Ray and Matthew, really
- they're the engine drivers. ;-)

Just saw this thread and want to add a belated congratulations Sacha,
and of course to the whole family. A lovely article!

I'd love to grow the Weigelia too, and I've got a nice place for it I
think. Will you ship to Normandy?

Bravo!

-E
Old 03-07-2010, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article
,
Judith in France writes
I am fed up with journals not arriving on time. We now have a
subscription to the Radio Times, it has arrived, sometimes, a day or
two late, what good is that!

I have Digiguide on the computer, much the best alternative and I'm not
paying for articles and averts that I don't want to read!
Diguide is completely customisable so you can see just what you want and
search for particular things as well.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy