GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant I.D. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/192255-plant-i-d.html)

Sheila 20-06-2010 08:57 PM

Plant I.D.

http://gs74.photobucket.com/groups/i...t=DSC00139.jpg

This was seen today, in the Welsh town of Criccieth, facing the Cardigan
Bay. Very vivid, and there was also a purple one in a neighbouring garden. I
WANT ONE!!!!

Please help so I can go and get one tomorrow!!!

Jeff Layman[_2_] 20-06-2010 09:37 PM

Plant I.D.

"sheila" wrote in message
http://gs74.photobucket.com/groups/i...t=DSC00139.jpg

This was seen today, in the Welsh town of Criccieth, facing the Cardigan
Bay. Very vivid, and there was also a purple one in a neighbouring garden.
I WANT ONE!!!!

Please help so I can go and get one tomorrow!!!

It'll be something like a Drosanthemum. There are umpteen of these South
African succulent species (and hybrids) around. You may find what you are
looking for at this site:
http://cactuscooley.com/othermesembs/mesembs.html

Then again, you may not!

--

Jeff

Sheila 21-06-2010 08:08 AM

Plant I.D.

On 2010-06-20 20:57:34 +0100, "sheila" said:

http://gs74.photobucket.com/groups/i...t=DSC00139.jpg

This

was seen today, in the Welsh town of Criccieth, facing the Cardigan
Bay. Very vivid, and there was also a purple one in a neighbouring
garden. I
WANT ONE!!!!

Please help so I can go and get one tomorrow!!!

Try a Google image search on Lampranthus. It needs sharp drainage and
full sun.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Wow Sacha, what beautiful plants there are about, its close, but I think its
the other one, the Dew flower, I'll certainly try to get this one too.

Sheila 21-06-2010 08:08 AM

Plant I.D.

"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
"sheila" wrote in message
http://gs74.photobucket.com/groups/i...t=DSC00139.jpg

This was seen today, in the Welsh town of Criccieth, facing the Cardigan
Bay. Very vivid, and there was also a purple one in a neighbouring
garden. I WANT ONE!!!!

Please help so I can go and get one tomorrow!!!

It'll be something like a Drosanthemum. There are umpteen of these South
African succulent species (and hybrids) around. You may find what you are
looking for at this site:
http://cactuscooley.com/othermesembs/mesembs.html

Then again, you may not!

Yes, I think you are correct, what a lovely array of varieties...

Sheila 06-07-2010 08:41 PM

Plant I.D.

Well, I eventually found what I was looking for!!

http://www.criccieth.fslife.co.uk/oxenbould.html