Old 29-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Registered User

Smile Howard Rotovator

Hi hoping for some guidance. I have recently aquired a Howard Gem Rotovator which I believe to be a series III or IV with a Howard 2 cylinder 180 or 360 engine. My first problem was that the Wico magneto was not in good order. I have managed to obtain points, condenser and cap from an excellent source in devon. The outcome is that whilst I now have a spark the engine does not fire.

Does anyone have any advice on how to set the timing up and which plug lead outlet from the magneto goes to which cylinder?
Old 30-06-2010, 08:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Howard Rotovator

--
Grandadkernow

This might be of interest to you
http://global-data.co.uk/products/Ho...ir-Manual.html

or this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Howard-Gem-Rot...item3cae06801e

Old 09-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Registered User

Location: Totnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandadkernow View Post
Hi hoping for some guidance. I have recently aquired a Howard Gem Rotovator which I believe to be a series III or IV with a Howard 2 cylinder 180 or 360 engine. My first problem was that the Wico magneto was not in good order. I have managed to obtain points, condenser and cap from an excellent source in devon. The outcome is that whilst I now have a spark the engine does not fire.

Does anyone have any advice on how to set the timing up and which plug lead outlet from the magneto goes to which cylinder?
Ive just bought a gem with twin engine, but can't find an engine number, do you please know where to find it?
Can you please let me have the address of the firm who supplied the points etc? I live in South Devon.
which plug lead goes where!?
thank you and good luck with your gem