GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   A short break in Edinburgh (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/192536-short-break-edinburgh.html)

Kate Morgan 06-07-2010 09:32 AM

A short break in Edinburgh

Sadly I did not have time to look at any gardens or parks except for the
Botanical Garden which I enjoyed very much. What I did enjoy was the city
itself and the huge number of trees and the closeness of the sea - I had my
3 year old granddaughter with me and we built a great many sandcastles :-).
We drove around a great deal because we were house hunting it was the best
way to see which part of the area we liked the best, I noticed the large
clumps of lupins growing on the roadsides, very pretty, I am wondering if
they were any particular sort or were that the ordinary ones that we all
grow, any one know ?

kate