GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Best way to propogate this plant? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/192675-best-way-propogate-plant.html)

john hamilton[_2_] 13-07-2010 08:54 AM

Best way to propogate this plant?

Would anyone know the best way to propogate this plant please? I dont know
what it's called. The lantern shaped flower on the right in the picture
below has the yellow bit in the photo attached to it

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=21az9ll&s=3

Thanks.

Ragnar 13-07-2010 09:00 AM

"john hamilton" wrote in message
Would anyone know the best way to propogate this plant please? I dont
know what it's called. The lantern shaped flower on the right in the
picture below has the yellow bit in the photo attached to it

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=21az9ll&s=3

Thanks.

Abutilon megapotamicum.
Never grown it myself but try
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/59666/

HTH
R.

Stewart Robert Hinsley 13-07-2010 09:52 AM

Best way to propogate this plant?

In message , Ragnar
writes

"john hamilton" wrote in message
Would anyone know the best way to propogate this plant please? I dont
know what it's called. The lantern shaped flower on the right in the
picture below has the yellow bit in the photo attached to it

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=21az9ll&s=3

Thanks.

Abutilon megapotamicum.
Never grown it myself but try
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/59666/

It is easily propagated by cuttings.

Prior to this winter I've successfully overwintered them in sheltered
locations, but with this and other Abutilons I find that they're very
slow to come back into growth the next year, and overwintering cuttings
indoors may give better results.

HTH
R.

--