GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Urea as liquid feed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/192710-urea-liquid-feed.html)

Dave Hill 14-07-2010 09:36 PM

Urea as liquid feed

Many, Many years ago when I was a lot younger than I am now we used to
use Urea as a liquid feed.
I am trying to remember how much we used and at what strength.
Can any one help?
David Hill

[email protected] 14-07-2010 09:39 PM

Urea as liquid feed

In article ,
Dave Hill wrote:
Many, Many years ago when I was a lot younger than I am now we used to
use Urea as a liquid feed.
I am trying to remember how much we used and at what strength.
Can any one help?

I have used it only in its natural form ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

David in Normandy[_8_] 14-07-2010 09:39 PM

Urea as liquid feed

On 14/07/2010 22:36, Dave Hill wrote:
Many, Many years ago when I was a lot younger than I am now we used to
use Urea as a liquid feed.
I am trying to remember how much we used and at what strength.
Can any one help?
David Hill

I have no idea, but my experiment of watering the veggies with dilute
pee is working very well. Diluted to around 1/20 they are all thriving.
I vaguely recall urea is the main constituent of pee? I'm sure someone
will correct me if I'm wrong.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.

gardenlen[_2_] 14-07-2010 10:02 PM

Urea as liquid feed

g'day dave,

yeh don't buy it, save your pee each day and mix that with some other
water we use second hand water usually dish rinse water or wash water.
usually mixed at strenght between say 10% pee to 25% pee (the common
stength for us) and water, not realy because it has to be mixed but we
like to share it around. also not much into foliar feeding all ours
goes around the root zones.

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 13:36:38 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill snipped
--

Matthew 25:13 KJV
"Watch therefore, for ye know neither

Mark 13:33 "Take ye heed, watch and pray:
for ye know not when the time is".

len

With peace and brightest of blessings,

"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

Derek Turner 15-07-2010 04:42 PM

Urea as liquid feed

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 22:39:31 +0200, David in Normandy wrote:

I vaguely recall urea is the main constituent of pee? I'm sure someone
will correct me if I'm wrong.

pedant You're wrong: the main constituent is water! /pedant

Dave Hill 15-07-2010 07:25 PM

Urea as liquid feed

On 15 July, 16:42, Derek Turner wrote:
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 22:39:31 +0200, David in Normandy wrote:
I vaguely recall urea is the main constituent of pee? I'm sure someone
will correct me if I'm wrong.

pedant You're wrong: the main constituent is water! /pedant

As I want to use it on around 1/2 an acre I don't intend drinking all
that much.
Pee might be OK for a small patch, but no way am I going round the
neighbourhood collecting from the neighbours.
There are enough people who come on here who take the p....
David Hill

[email protected] 15-07-2010 07:49 PM

Urea as liquid feed

In article ,
Dave Hill wrote:
On 15 July, 16:42, Derek Turner wrote:
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 22:39:31 +0200, David in Normandy wrote:
I vaguely recall urea is the main constituent of pee? I'm sure someone
will correct me if I'm wrong.

pedant You're wrong: the main constituent is water! /pedant

As I want to use it on around 1/2 an acre I don't intend drinking all
that much.
Pee might be OK for a small patch, but no way am I going round the
neighbourhood collecting from the neighbours.
There are enough people who come on here who take the p....

Yes, we're all good Ureapeons :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Mike Lyle 15-07-2010 09:34 PM

Urea as liquid feed

wrote:
In article
,
Dave Hill wrote:
On 15 July, 16:42, Derek Turner wrote:
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 22:39:31 +0200, David in Normandy wrote:
I vaguely recall urea is the main constituent of pee? I'm sure
someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

pedant You're wrong: the main constituent is water! /pedant

As I want to use it on around 1/2 an acre I don't intend drinking all
that much.
Pee might be OK for a small patch, but no way am I going round the
neighbourhood collecting from the neighbours.
There are enough people who come on here who take the p....

Yes, we're all good Ureapeons :-)

Returning, however, to our muttons, I Wikipeed, and found that
applications normally varied from 40 to 300 kg per ha, and it's "not
compatible with other fertilisers". So clearly some technical knowledge
is required here! I imagine one of the gumbie websites, such as DEFRA or
one of the Universities (Reading, Aberystwyth, Royal Ag Coll., etc),
would help...just remembered that Purdue in the US is very good on
agrihorty stuff.

--
Mike.

Mentalguy2k8[_2_] 15-07-2010 09:45 PM

Urea as liquid feed

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
On 15 July, 16:42, Derek Turner wrote:
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 22:39:31 +0200, David in Normandy wrote:
I vaguely recall urea is the main constituent of pee? I'm sure someone
will correct me if I'm wrong.

pedant You're wrong: the main constituent is water! /pedant

As I want to use it on around 1/2 an acre I don't intend drinking all
that much.
Pee might be OK for a small patch, but no way am I going round the
neighbourhood collecting from the neighbours.

Hold a weekend beer festival and let the visitors do the rest :)

[email protected] 15-07-2010 09:46 PM

Urea as liquid feed

In article ,
Mike Lyle wrote:

[ Urea ]

Returning, however, to our muttons, I Wikipeed, and found that
applications normally varied from 40 to 300 kg per ha, and it's "not
compatible with other fertilisers". So clearly some technical knowledge
is required here!

I believe that that mainly means ammonium nitrate, though God alone
knows why you would want to mix two nitrogenous fertilisers ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Adam Funk[_3_] 15-07-2010 09:53 PM

Urea as liquid feed

On 2010-07-15, Derek Turner wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 22:39:31 +0200, David in Normandy wrote:

I vaguely recall urea is the main constituent of pee? I'm sure someone
will correct me if I'm wrong.

pedant You're wrong: the main constituent is water! /pedant

Well, I think the precise term is "main *active ingredient*".

(A while back I was looking at creams for dry feet and noticed that a
lot of them bragged about their high urea content. The labels didn't
say where it came from.)