GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hozelock 2in1 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/192788-hozelock-2in1.html)

Geoff Lane 18-07-2010 01:11 PM

Hozelock 2in1

I am interested in the Hozelock 2in1 reel available from around £30 upwards.

I'm looking at the specs but am wondering how the reel is connected to
the tap. Or do I need an extra piece of hose to connect the device to
the tap.

Geoff Lane

Stephen Wolstenholme 18-07-2010 02:25 PM

Hozelock 2in1

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 13:11:51 +0100, Geoff Lane
wrote:

I am interested in the Hozelock 2in1 reel available from around £30 upwards.

I'm looking at the specs but am wondering how the reel is connected to
the tap. Or do I need an extra piece of hose to connect the device to
the tap.

Geoff Lane

Hozelock sell all the adapters to connect their hoses. I have not
found Hozelock stuff to be very reliable. Draper make better hoses,
adapters and sprays and are only a little bit more expensive. Both
makes are compatible.

Steve

EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. www.easynn.com
SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Networks. www.swingnn.com
JustNN. Just Neural Networks. www.justnn.com

Geoff Lane 18-07-2010 03:44 PM

Hozelock 2in1

wrote:

I am interested in the Hozelock 2in1 reel available from around £30 upwards.

I'm looking at the specs but am wondering how the reel is connected to
the tap. Or do I need an extra piece of hose to connect the device to
the tap.

Geoff Lane

Hozelock sell all the adapters to connect their hoses. I have not
found Hozelock stuff to be very reliable. Draper make better hoses,
adapters and sprays and are only a little bit more expensive. Both
makes are compatible.

Thanks for info Steve, when you mention Draper is it the same as the
tool company. I was not aware of Draper hoses and adapters.

Geoff Lane

Stephen Wolstenholme 18-07-2010 04:23 PM

Hozelock 2in1

wrote:

I am interested in the Hozelock 2in1 reel available from around £30 upwards.

I'm looking at the specs but am wondering how the reel is connected to
the tap. Or do I need an extra piece of hose to connect the device to
the tap.

Geoff Lane

Hozelock sell all the adapters to connect their hoses. I have not
found Hozelock stuff to be very reliable. Draper make better hoses,
adapters and sprays and are only a little bit more expensive. Both
makes are compatible.

Thanks for info Steve, when you mention Draper is it the same as the
tool company. I was not aware of Draper hoses and adapters.

Geoff Lane

It's the same company. They do a huge range of gardening tools
including hoses etc.

They have produced a catalog this year.

See http://www.draper.co.uk/aboutus/news/gardening.html

Stan The Man 18-07-2010 04:45 PM

Hozelock 2in1

On 2010-07-18 13:11:51 +0100, Geoff Lane said:

I am interested in the Hozelock 2in1 reel available from around £30 upwards.

I'm looking at the specs but am wondering how the reel is connected to
the tap. Or do I need an extra piece of hose to connect the device to
the tap.

Yes, any hose storage system needs a feeder hose to connect it to the
water supply. Cut a piece from an old hose or, if you can spare it,
from the hose which came with the reel.

Worth giving a bit of though to as people instinctively tend to choose
too short a feeder hose, thereby limting range and flexibility. My tap
is a long way away from where I need the water and one of my hose carts
which I use exclusively on a distant veg plot has a 30 metre feeder
hose which I have lightly buried.

Geoff Lane 18-07-2010 07:31 PM

Hozelock 2in1

On 18/07/2010 16:45, Stan The Man wrote:

Yes, any hose storage system needs a feeder hose to connect it to the
water supply. Cut a piece from an old hose or, if you can spare it, from
the hose which came with the reel.

Worth giving a bit of though to as people instinctively tend to choose
too short a feeder hose, thereby limting range and flexibility. My tap
is a long way away from where I need the water and one of my hose carts
which I use exclusively on a distant veg plot has a 30 metre feeder hose
which I have lightly buried.

I was wondering if the hozelock pack came complete with feeder hose, I
have no spare hose so will have to buy some specifically.

Thanks for info.

All I have at the moment is the coiled type with its own metal fittings
and I want to give that to a relative.

Geoff Lane

Mike Lyle 18-07-2010 09:15 PM

Hozelock 2in1

Geoff Lane wrote:
On 18/07/2010 16:45, Stan The Man wrote:

Yes, any hose storage system needs a feeder hose to connect it to the
water supply. Cut a piece from an old hose or, if you can spare it,
from the hose which came with the reel.

Worth giving a bit of though to as people instinctively tend to
choose too short a feeder hose, thereby limting range and
flexibility. My tap is a long way away from where I need the water
and one of my hose carts which I use exclusively on a distant veg
plot has a 30 metre feeder hose which I have lightly buried.

I was wondering if the hozelock pack came complete with feeder hose, I
have no spare hose so will have to buy some specifically.

Thanks for info.

All I have at the moment is the coiled type with its own metal
fittings and I want to give that to a relative.

I haven't had any trouble with B&Q's rock-bottom Value range; but I'm
not a heavy user.

--
Mike.

Dave Liquorice[_2_] 18-07-2010 11:14 PM

Hozelock 2in1

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 19:31:17 +0100, Geoff Lane wrote:

I was wondering if the hozelock pack came complete with feeder hose, I
have no spare hose so will have to buy some specifically.

Well it's not expensive stuff. Recently bought "Heavy Duty Garden
Hose 50m" from Wickes for £22.99.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Stan The Man 19-07-2010 01:44 AM

Hozelock 2in1

On 2010-07-18 19:31:17 +0100, Geoff Lane said:

On 18/07/2010 16:45, Stan The Man wrote:

Yes, any hose storage system needs a feeder hose to connect it to the
water supply. Cut a piece from an old hose or, if you can spare it, from
the hose which came with the reel.

Worth giving a bit of though to as people instinctively tend to choose
too short a feeder hose, thereby limting range and flexibility. My tap
is a long way away from where I need the water and one of my hose carts
which I use exclusively on a distant veg plot has a 30 metre feeder hose
which I have lightly buried.

I was wondering if the hozelock pack came complete with feeder hose, I
have no spare hose so will have to buy some specifically.

Thanks for info.

All I have at the moment is the coiled type with its own metal fittings
and I want to give that to a relative.

AFAIK,no hose storage system is supplied with a separate feeder hose.
That would leave the manufacturer guessing at what length of feeder
hose is required - and different people want different lengths.

As has been said, if you don't want to *******ise your new hose and you
can't beg, borrow or steal an old hose from somewhere, you can buy a
15m length of hose for under a tenner in many places.

Geoff Lane 20-07-2010 08:56 PM

Hozelock 2in1

On 2010-07-18 19:31:17 +0100, Geoff Lane
said:

[...]

Bought it, the supplied 25m was well more than I needed so cut off 2m
for feeder, all the connections were supplied and it works well.

Geoff Lane

Stan The Man 21-07-2010 12:57 PM

Hozelock 2in1

On 2010-07-18 19:31:17 +0100, Geoff Lane
said:

[...]

Glad you're sorted. As it happens, I have now discovered that
Hozelock's premium hose storage systems - eg AutoReel, Fast Cart - are
supplied with a separate 2m feeder hose.

Stan The Man 22-07-2010 12:45 PM

Hozelock 2in1

On 2010-07-21 12:57:37 +0100, Stan The Man said:

[snip]

Glad you're sorted. As it happens, I have now discovered that
Hozelock's premium hose storage systems - eg AutoReel, Fast Cart - are
supplied with a separate 2m feeder hose.

Test reports just published provide some useful comparisons:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product...ls_tested.html