GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Source of my favouriwe garden ties? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/192813-source-my-favouriwe-garden-ties.html)

Broadback[_2_] 19-07-2010 06:34 PM

Source of my favouriwe garden ties?

Many moons ago I bought rolls of garden ties from Lakeland, sadly they
no longer sell these. They were simply soft brown thin tubes of plastic,
I have used them for ages and now am running out of them. Can anyone
help as to an alternative source please?

Bob Hobden 19-07-2010 10:45 PM

Source of my favouriwe garden ties?

"Broadback" wrote ...
Many moons ago I bought rolls of garden ties from Lakeland, sadly they no
longer sell these. They were simply soft brown thin tubes of plastic, I
have used them for ages and now am running out of them. Can anyone help as
to an alternative source please?

Is this the sort of thing you want?

http://www.harrodhorticultural.com/H...es/GDN-922.htm

I've seen similar in the shop at RHS Wisley and elsewhere.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

No Name 19-07-2010 11:57 PM

Broadback wrote:
Many moons ago I bought rolls of garden ties from Lakeland, sadly they
no longer sell these. They were simply soft brown thin tubes of plastic,
I have used them for ages and now am running out of them. Can anyone
help as to an alternative source please?

Not sure if it's any help, but my dad swears by 'old tights' ties. They're
soft and stretchy, and there seems to be an endless supply of them!

Donwill[_2_] 20-07-2010 08:52 AM

On 19/07/2010 18:34, Broadback wrote:
Many moons ago I bought rolls of garden ties from Lakeland, sadly they
no longer sell these. They were simply soft brown thin tubes of
plastic, I have used them for ages and now am running out of them. Can
anyone help as to an alternative source please?

Try:-
http://www.flexi-tie.co.uk/

Cheers
Don

Broadback[_2_] 20-07-2010 09:02 AM

Donwill wrote:
On 19/07/2010 18:34, Broadback wrote:
Many moons ago I bought rolls of garden ties from Lakeland, sadly they
no longer sell these. They were simply soft brown thin tubes of
plastic, I have used them for ages and now am running out of them. Can
anyone help as to an alternative source please?

Try:-
http://www.flexi-tie.co.uk/

Cheers
Don

Thanks folk, very helpful, problem solved!