GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Whitefly problem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/192826-whitefly-problem.html)

PtePike[_3_] 20-07-2010 11:45 AM

Whitefly problem

Hello all
I have a lot of whitefly on the underneath of the leaves on my brassicas.
I have tried to get rid using acouple of "friendly" pesticides with little
success.

Can anybody give me advice please.

Thanks
PtePike

Walker 20-07-2010 07:45 PM

Whitefly problem

PtePike wrote in
:

Hello all
I have a lot of whitefly on the underneath of the leaves on my
brassicas. I have tried to get rid using acouple of "friendly"
pesticides with little success.

Can anybody give me advice please.

Thanks
PtePike

Diluted soap from your sink after you have done the dishes, and do it
regularly.

Escargo 20-07-2010 08:07 PM

Whitefly problem

Walker wrote in :

PtePike wrote in
:

Hello all
I have a lot of whitefly on the underneath of the leaves on my
brassicas. I have tried to get rid using acouple of "friendly"
pesticides with little success.

Can anybody give me advice please.

Thanks
PtePike

Diluted soap from your sink after you have done the dishes, and do it
regularly.

These flies are naturally attracted to the colour yellow, so put something
yellow in your plot to attract them.