GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Which is the best plant to be grown in UK? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/192828-best-plant-grown-uk.html)

Harryg 20-07-2010 05:06 PM

Which is the best plant to be grown in UK?

Hello everybody can anybody suggest me some plants which I can grow in UK as per the climatic condition.

looking forward for your reply.

kay 20-07-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harryg (Post 894756)
Hello everybody can anybody suggest me some plants which I can grow in UK as per the climatic condition.

looking forward for your reply.

Best plant for what???

Stewart Robert Hinsley 20-07-2010 09:33 PM

Which is the best plant to be grown in UK?

In message , Harryg
writes

Hello everybody can anybody suggest me some plants which I can grow in
UK as per the climatic condition.

There are thousands of plants which can be grown in the UK, and a
variety of climatic conditions. If you're serious you need to be a
rather more specific about both.

looking forward for your reply.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Dave Hill 20-07-2010 10:15 PM

Which is the best plant to be grown in UK?

On 20 July, 21:33, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:
In message , Harryg
writes

Hello everybody can anybody suggest me some plants which I can grow in
UK as per the climatic condition.

There are thousands of plants which can be grown in the UK, and a
variety of climatic conditions. If you're serious you need to be a
rather more specific about both.

looking forward for your reply.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Go out and look at gardens in your neighbourhood, local parks etc. see
what you like.
That way you will see plants that do well in your area.
David hill

bobharvey 21-07-2010 12:42 PM

On 20 July, 17:06, Harryg wrote:
Hello everybody can anybody suggest me some plants which I can grow in
UK as per the climatic condition.

looking forward for your reply.

Is this your homework, Harry? There used to be a usenet nettiquette
rule: no school homework questions.

Bob Hobden 21-07-2010 01:42 PM

Which is the best plant to be grown in UK?

"Harryg" wrote

Hello everybody can anybody suggest me some plants which I can grow in
UK as per the climatic condition.

looking forward for your reply.

Just looking through the posts here will tell you lots, but your question
has a enormous answer that would even cause arguments between gardeners.
Indeed, what can grow varies so much within the UK. For example what can
grow in Cornwall often cannot be grow anywhere else in the UK (except
perhaps London), and some things that grow in London cannot be grown
elsewhere.

Take a look at...
http://www.biology4all.com/picture_g...ish_plants.asp
http://www.wildlifetrusts.org/index....:species:plant

and for garden plants.....
http://www.jparkers.co.uk/shop/

and any other plant supplier.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

sutartsorric 21-07-2010 02:11 PM

On 20 July, 17:06, Harryg wrote:
Hello everybody can anybody suggest me some plants which I can grow in
UK as per the climatic condition.

looking forward for your reply.

--
Harryg

Yes certainly.

Deadly Nightshade. Foxglove. Poison Ivy. Death Cap mushroom.

Now, run along - there's a good boy.

Mike Lyle 21-07-2010 07:20 PM

kay wrote:
Harryg;894756 Wrote:
Hello everybody can anybody suggest me some plants which I can grow
in UK as per the climatic condition.

looking forward for your reply.

Best plant for what???

That's the key question, of course. But, Harry, why not visit a few of
the many gardens open to the public and see what you like? The staff, if
you can find them, will usually be glad to answer any questions you
have. You'd do best to visit the same garden several times in a year,
because of course different plants do best at different times.

Next stop, the bookshop: browse and pick up a beginner's book whose
style and pictures you like. Avoid anything too complete to start with:
you can get an advanced book later, if you want to, once you've got
things going nicely.

Nosey at the neighbours' gardens, too, to get an idea of what does well
in your area. Don't base too many decisions on what you see in garden
centres: the plants may be unsuitable, and will usually have been
produced in controlled conditions. And don't worry when things go wrong:
that happens to all gardeners.

--
Mike.

harry 22-07-2010 04:12 PM

On 21 July, 12:42, bobharvey wrote:
On 20 July, 17:06, Harryg wrote:

Hello everybody can anybody suggest me some plants which I can grow in
UK as per the climatic condition.

looking forward for your reply.

Is this your homework, Harry? *There used to be a usenet nettiquette
rule: no school homework questions.

He's not me. I suggest grass. Then maybe a few nettles, dandelions,
buttercups, groundsel, thistles, chickweed, ground ivy.
These grow best by far in the UK.