GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Winter Potatoes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/192855-winter-potatoes.html)

greenfingers2 22-07-2010 10:10 AM

Winter Potatoes

Which are the best potatoes for a good crop for Xmas?
Cheers

Ragnar 22-07-2010 04:10 PM

Winter Potatoes

Bit late now.

harry 23-07-2010 07:34 PM

Winter Potatoes

--
greenfingers2

I have had Xmas potatos in the past. You need to grow them in buckets
and move into the greenhouse in October. I didn use any special
variety, (maybe I was just lucky). I don't think you're too late.
Blight can be problem, they're almost bound to need frequent
spraying.
Dunno whether it's worth the effort :-)

Dave Hill 23-07-2010 08:39 PM

Winter Potatoes

wrote:
Which are the best potatoes for a good crop for Xmas?
Cheers

--
greenfingers2

I have had Xmas potatos in the past. You need to grow them in buckets
and move into the greenhouse *in October. I didn use any special
variety, (maybe I was just lucky). I don't think you're too late.
Blight can be *problem, they're almost bound to need frequent
spraying.
Dunno whether it's worth the effort :-)

Lots on offer at present, Suttons seeds are offering these
http://www.suttons.co.uk/Shop/Seed+Potatoes/List/
many othere as well with offers, and you might find some down your
local shed or garden centre, but the treated potatoes sound as if they
would work well.
David Hill