GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Anyone know what this is please ?? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/192871-anyone-know-what-please.html)

DC 22-07-2010 07:28 PM

Anyone know what this is please ??

Hello,
Not sure if this is a weed, it just appeared in a pot, but it's quite
pretty, isn't it ??
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=iptg6q&s=3
TIA
DaveC

Christina Websell[_2_] 22-07-2010 08:02 PM

"DC" wrote in message
Hello,
Not sure if this is a weed, it just appeared in a pot, but it's quite
pretty, isn't it ??
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=iptg6q&s=3
TIA
DaveC

ridiculous photoshopping IMO.
The flower is nothing to do with the leaves behind it.
I could be wrong, of course..

Jeff Layman[_2_] 22-07-2010 09:31 PM

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"DC" wrote in message
Hello,
Not sure if this is a weed, it just appeared in a pot, but it's quite
pretty, isn't it ??
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=iptg6q&s=3
TIA
DaveC

ridiculous photoshopping IMO.
The flower is nothing to do with the leaves behind it.
I could be wrong, of course..

I was wondering if the flower is a Platycodon cultivar of some sort. It
would be unusual for a Platycodon flower to have only 4 petals, but it might
be possible.

--

Jeff

Dave Hill 23-07-2010 10:13 AM

On 2010-07-22 19:28:37 +0100, "DC" said:

Hello,
Not sure if this is a weed, it just appeared in a pot, but it's quite
pretty, isn't it ??
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=iptg6q&s=3
TIA
*DaveC

Could it be a shrubby Clematis?
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

My thought is also for some form of Platycodon or Balloon flower.
David Hill

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 23-07-2010 01:24 PM

Anyone know what this is please ??

In article , says...
On 2010-07-22 19:28:37 +0100, "DC" said:

Hello,
Not sure if this is a weed, it just appeared in a pot, but it's quite
pretty, isn't it ??
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=iptg6q&s=3
TIA
DaveC

Could it be a shrubby Clematis?

I don't think its a clematis flower
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Dave Hill 23-07-2010 01:56 PM

On 2010-07-22 19:28:37 +0100, "DC" said:

Hello,
Not sure if this is a weed, it just appeared in a pot, but it's quite
pretty, isn't it ??
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=iptg6q&s=3
TIA
*DaveC

Could it be a shrubby Clematis?
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

My thought is also for some form of Platycodon or Balloon flower.
David Hill

But they have 5 petals and the original appears to have 4.
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon- Hide quoted text -

Have a look at this picture Sacha
http://www.northcoastperennials.com/...ental-blue.jpg
PLATYCODON grandiflorus 'Sentimental Blue'
David

Ornata 23-07-2010 03:55 PM

On 2010-07-23 10:13:23 +0100, Dave Hill sa

id:

http://www.northcoastperennials.com/...s/platy-sentim...
blue.jpg
PLATYCODON grandiflorus 'Sentimental Blue'
David

Well, it certainly looks as if you could be right. * The original seems
to have gently reflexing petals but that could be as it ages, perhaps? *
Some of the foliage looks right and some of it doesn't!
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon- Hide quoted text -

The buds look like those of Platycodon (its common name is "balloon
flower").

DC 24-07-2010 07:14 PM

"DC" wrote in message
Hello,
Not sure if this is a weed, it just appeared in a pot, but it's quite
pretty, isn't it ??
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=iptg6q&s=3
TIA
DaveC

Hello again
Many thanks to all for taking the trouble to reply. This thing is where my
wife works and I've asked her to take another shot of it from a different
angle.
I assure ChristinaW that I've better things to do than concoct images to
put on here. I have too much respect for this NG, I don't post much, but do
catch up every week, and it's one of the few really helpful NGs still
relatively uncorrupted by idiots and advertisers.
Keep up the good work......

DaveC