GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   onions (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/192943-onions.html)

A Plumber 27-07-2010 08:27 PM

onions

Hi All,
most of the tops on my onions have flopped over, does this mean that they
are ready for lifting?

thanks in advance

Bob Hobden 27-07-2010 11:00 PM

onions

"A Plumber" wrote in message
o.uk...
Hi All,
most of the tops on my onions have flopped over, does this mean that they
are ready for lifting?

thanks in advance

No. Not until the tops have turned brown.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

mogga 28-07-2010 01:17 PM

onions

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 20:27:52 +0100, "A Plumber"
wrote:

Hi All,
most of the tops on my onions have flopped over, does this mean that they
are ready for lifting?

thanks in advance

In my garden it means either:
the cats have been snoozing on them
or the rain has been so hard it's bent them over
--
http://www.bra-and-pants.com
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

harry 28-07-2010 06:57 PM

onions

wrote:

Hi All,
most of the tops on my onions have flopped over, does this mean that they
are ready for lifting?

thanks in advance

In my garden it means either:
the cats have been snoozing on them
or the rain has been so hard it's bent them over
--http://www.bra-and-pants.comhttp://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

Or there has been drought conditions & there will be only small onions.