GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   To settle an argument (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/193058-settle-argument.html)

Kate Morgan 02-08-2010 10:19 AM

To settle an argument

does any one know if it was Elder wood or Alder wood that was used in the
old days to make wooden flowers usually chrysanthemums ?

kate

Janet 02-08-2010 12:46 PM

To settle an argument

In article ,
says...

does any one know if it was Elder wood or Alder wood that was used in the
old days to make wooden flowers usually chrysanthemums ?

according to this site, elder was used for "chrysanthemums" (includes
instructions)

http://www.stuartking.co.uk/index.ph...gypsy-flowers/

Janet

Nick Maclaren[_2_] 02-08-2010 01:00 PM

Testing

Sorry about this, but our site has pulled the plug on News, and I am
testing a new mechanism - and I need to test a real site, as there may
be configuration issues involving the testing groups being different.

Mutter.

Nick.

Bob Hobden 02-08-2010 01:24 PM

Testing

"Nick Maclaren" wrote ...

Sorry about this, but our site has pulled the plug on News, and I am
testing a new mechanism - and I need to test a real site, as there may
be configuration issues involving the testing groups being different.

Mutter.

Not another mixed message thread! ?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Kate Morgan 02-08-2010 03:28 PM

To settle an argument

"Janet" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

does any one know if it was Elder wood or Alder wood that was used in the
old days to make wooden flowers usually chrysanthemums ?

according to this site, elder was used for "chrysanthemums" (includes
instructions)

http://www.stuartking.co.uk/index.ph...gypsy-flowers/

Janet

Thank you very much Janet, I appreciate you taking the time to find the
answer for me

kate

Bill Grey 02-08-2010 09:34 PM

Testing

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
i.cam.ac.uk...

Sorry about this, but our site has pulled the plug on News, and I am
testing a new mechanism - and I need to test a real site, as there may
be configuration issues involving the testing groups being different.

Mutter.

Nick.

Hi Nick,

Another poster to uk.rec.walking has been denied access to news groups as
well.

Don't know if there is any relevance in this.

Bill

Nick Maclaren[_2_] 02-08-2010 10:32 PM

Testing

In article ,
Bill Grey wrote:

Sorry about this, but our site has pulled the plug on News, and I am
testing a new mechanism - and I need to test a real site, as there may
be configuration issues involving the testing groups being different.

Another poster to uk.rec.walking has been denied access to news groups as
well.

Don't know if there is any relevance in this.

Definitely not. Our issue is purely internal, and is merely that The
Powers That Be object to Usenet for reasons that are somewhat unclear.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.