Old 02-08-2010, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default To settle an argument

does any one know if it was Elder wood or Alder wood that was used in the
old days to make wooden flowers usually chrysanthemums ?

kate

Old 02-08-2010, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Testing

Sorry about this, but our site has pulled the plug on News, and I am
testing a new mechanism - and I need to test a real site, as there may
be configuration issues involving the testing groups being different.

Mutter.

Nick.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Nick Maclaren" wrote ...

Sorry about this, but our site has pulled the plug on News, and I am
testing a new mechanism - and I need to test a real site, as there may
be configuration issues involving the testing groups being different.

Mutter.

Not another mixed message thread! ?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
Old 02-08-2010, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

does any one know if it was Elder wood or Alder wood that was used in the
old days to make wooden flowers usually chrysanthemums ?

according to this site, elder was used for "chrysanthemums" (includes
instructions)

http://www.stuartking.co.uk/index.ph...gypsy-flowers/

Janet

Thank you very much Janet, I appreciate you taking the time to find the
answer for me

kate

Old 02-08-2010, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
i.cam.ac.uk...

Sorry about this, but our site has pulled the plug on News, and I am
testing a new mechanism - and I need to test a real site, as there may
be configuration issues involving the testing groups being different.

Mutter.

Nick.

Hi Nick,

Another poster to uk.rec.walking has been denied access to news groups as
well.

Don't know if there is any relevance in this.

Bill

Old 02-08-2010, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Bill Grey wrote:

Sorry about this, but our site has pulled the plug on News, and I am
testing a new mechanism - and I need to test a real site, as there may
be configuration issues involving the testing groups being different.

Another poster to uk.rec.walking has been denied access to news groups as
well.

Don't know if there is any relevance in this.

Definitely not. Our issue is purely internal, and is merely that The
Powers That Be object to Usenet for reasons that are somewhat unclear.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.