GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   At last (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/193106-last.html)

Kate Morgan 05-08-2010 09:35 AM

At last

I picked the first tomato`s this morning, the wait is over :-)))

Impatient Kate

CT 05-08-2010 10:07 AM

At last

Kate Morgan wrote:

I picked the first tomato`s this morning, the wait is over :-)))

Impatient Kate

I've had toms for a few weeks now, but I cheated and bought some
establshed plants from the garden centre back in May! In my defence, a
combination of moving house and a holiday meant that growing from seed
(or even very young plants) wasn't going to be an option this year.

Now that I have a shed (no greenhouse - yet!) I shall definitely try to
grow some from seed next year.

The previous owners of our new house did leave a tomato plant in the
garden, but it's only just flowering now so I'm not hopeful of it
amounting to very much.

--
Chris

Mike Lyle 05-08-2010 08:14 PM

At last

Aries wrote:
On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 09:35:11 +0100, Kate Morgan wrote:

I picked the first tomato`s this morning, the wait is over :-)))

Impatient Kate

well done :) I picked my first toms two weeks ago :D

It's very strange: I got two ripe ones two weeks ago (Matina, outdoors),
and since then they've gone all obstinate on me.

--
Mike.