GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Greenhouse re-arrangement (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/193137-greenhouse-re-arrangement.html)

No Name 06-08-2010 11:28 PM

Greenhouse re-arrangement

We rearranged the greenhouse(2) today, moving out everything not in a pot or
on a high shelf, took some staging up and re-inserted the pots back
'through' the gaps in the staging, whilst adding strings and sticks and the
like so things aren't flooping about.

We've got a melon I didn't know we had, and an aubergine I didn't know we
had! :-)
(although the melon may not make it, as it had unfortunately decided to grow
itself in a puddle, but the aubergine is pretty healthy looking, and quite
a good size considering it's managed to stay hidden so long!)

Just goes to show, it really did need tidying up and sorting out a bit,
though

kay 07-08-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Name (Post 896715)
so things aren't flooping about.

--

A lovely accidental word! Perfectly describes the way plants scramble in great floppy loops ;-)

Jeff Layman[_2_] 07-08-2010 12:44 PM

Greenhouse re-arrangement

wrote in message
We rearranged the greenhouse(2) today, moving out everything not in a pot
or
on a high shelf, took some staging up and re-inserted the pots back
'through' the gaps in the staging, whilst adding strings and sticks and
the
like so things aren't flooping about.

We've got a melon I didn't know we had, and an aubergine I didn't know we
had! :-)
(although the melon may not make it, as it had unfortunately decided to
grow
itself in a puddle, but the aubergine is pretty healthy looking, and quite
a good size considering it's managed to stay hidden so long!)

Just goes to show, it really did need tidying up and sorting out a bit,
though

Sometimes I wish greenhouses had openings at each end - just big enough for
a bulldozer...

--

Jeff

No Name 07-08-2010 05:54 PM

Greenhouse re-arrangement

kay wrote:
so things aren't flooping about.

A lovely accidental word! Perfectly describes the way plants scramble in
great floppy loops ;-)

Not at all accidental, I'm afraid - probably ought to credit Douglas Adams,
but it's a word I use way more than I ought to.

The mattress flurred and glurried. It flolloped, gupped and willomied,
doing this last in a particularly floopy way

I'm not sure, but I believe this may mean that my melon plants are actually
growing a fine harvest of mattresses.