Old 17-08-2010, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Big cat on news tonight

Sightings of a big cat reported on local ITV news tonight: Bristol
area;
http://www.itv.com/westcountry-east/...ightings51259/

Pam in Bristol
Old 17-08-2010, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Sightings of a big cat reported on local ITV news tonight: Bristol
area;
http://www.itv.com/westcountry-east/...ightings51259/

Pam in Bristol

I wish I could see this in South Wales - the programme that is!

Bill

Old 17-08-2010, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 20:18:29 +0100, Bill Grey wrote:

I wish I could see this in South Wales - the programme that is!

Well the url quoted has ITV player that will play it for you... If
you want the channel to watch normally do you have satelite telly?
It'll be there somewhere but ITV do tend to hide the regional
variations but a google will find the required settings for tuning in
"other channel"s.

http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html

Transponder 49 - 10.832GHz Symbol Rate:22000 FEC:5/6
ITV 1 Westcountry West
ITV 1 Westcountry South West

Can't see a "westcountry-east" in the satellite listings but then
there isn't one on the website either but confusingly if you select
"The West Country Tonight West you do end up with a
westcountry-east URL...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 17-08-2010, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
[...]

Thanks Dave for this information - a bit over my head I'm afraid.

Bill

Old 18-08-2010, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Aug 17, 9:04*pm, "Bill Grey" wrote:

Thanks Dave for this information - a bit over my head I'm afraid.

That's probably because your aerial is up on the roof.

Old 18-08-2010, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Sightings of a big cat reported on local ITV news tonight: Bristol
area;
http://www.itv.com/westcountry-east/...ightings51259/

Pam in Bristol

I wish I could see this in South Wales - the programme that is!

I was able to view this from Pam's link even though my ITV channel is
Central. It did take a while to load though, and there were 4 or more
adverts to sit through first. It was a nearly 5 minute long news
interview, interesting.

Tina

Old 18-08-2010, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote
"Bill Grey" wrote in message
"Pam Moore" wrote
Sightings of a big cat reported on local ITV news tonight: Bristol
area;
http://www.itv.com/westcountry-east/...ightings51259/

I wish I could see this in South Wales - the programme that is!

I was able to view this from Pam's link even though my ITV channel is
Central. It did take a while to load though, and there were 4 or more
adverts to sit through first. It was a nearly 5 minute long news
interview, interesting.

What I find interesting is they are just beginning to take these sightings
slightly seriously. Always before there has been another agenda in the
background, to make the person seeing the cat(?) look silly and have a laugh
at their expense. I wonder how many sightings there actually have been that
have gone unreported for that reason.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 18-08-2010, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote
"Bill Grey" wrote in message
"Pam Moore" wrote
Sightings of a big cat reported on local ITV news tonight: Bristol
area;
http://www.itv.com/westcountry-east/...ightings51259/

I wish I could see this in South Wales - the programme that is!

I was able to view this from Pam's link even though my ITV channel is
Central. It did take a while to load though, and there were 4 or more
adverts to sit through first. It was a nearly 5 minute long news
interview, interesting.

What I find interesting is they are just beginning to take these sightings
slightly seriously. Always before there has been another agenda in the
background, to make the person seeing the cat(?) look silly and have a
laugh at their expense. I wonder how many sightings there actually have
been that have gone unreported for that reason.

I cannot see any reason why big cats that were probably released when it
became illegal to keep them without a license cannot survive in the depths
of the countryside, where they can get food and water and hardly ever be
seen.

I take these sightings seriously.
My friend saw a huge black cat run across the road in front of her car once.
She is sensible, does not drink at all and I do not doubt her. She
described it as "as big as a leopard"
Never seen since.

Tina

Old 18-08-2010, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:21:38 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote
"Bill Grey" wrote in message
"Pam Moore" wrote
[...]

The huge black cat of Whitby turned out to be a Labrador.

This does not mean that sightings of big cats are not true.
My friend has judged at Crufts - she'd know if it was a dog of any sort.

Old 18-08-2010, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

g'day pam,

keep getting "video won't load" type warning

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 19:22:16 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

Sightings of a big cat reported on local ITV news tonight: Bristol
area;
http://www.itv.com/westcountry-east/...ightings51259/

Pam in Bristol

--

Matthew 25:13 KJV
"Watch therefore, for ye know neither

Mark 13:33 "Take ye heed, watch and pray:
for ye know not when the time is".

len

With peace and brightest of blessings,

"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

Old 18-08-2010, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18 Aug, 18:49, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:29:55 +0100, "Christina Websell"

wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:21:38 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" *wrote
"Bill Grey" wrote in message
"Pam Moore" *wrote
[...]

Yes, but that was Yorkshire - we allow for them in various ways.
Old 18-08-2010, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:29:55 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:21:38 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote
"Bill Grey" wrote in message
"Pam Moore" wrote
[...]

True, but it was the culmination of at least two years of sightings
reported in
the local press.

So, do you believe it or not?
I do. I know that if my friend saw a huge black cat the size of a leopard
running in front of her car she would not make that up and phone me about
it.
There is no way she would mistake it for a dog.
To judge at Crufts is a lifetime thing, she knows all dogs, how they move,
what they look like. She said it was a big cat.

--

Martin

Old 18-08-2010, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 18 Aug, 19:43, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Martin" wrote in message

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:29:55 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:21:38 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" *wrote
"Bill Grey" wrote in message
"Pam Moore" *wrote
[...]

Martin- Hide quoted text -

So if a giant Black Cat crosses your path does that mean more luck
than with a normal black cat crossing your path?

Old 18-08-2010, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Sightings of a big cat reported on local ITV news tonight: Bristol
area;
http://www.itv.com/westcountry-east/...ightings51259/

Pam in Bristol

Sorry Len, I can't explain why it won't load for you.

Pam in Bristol

Is a animal chaser/cat utrasonic cat deterrent harmful? [email protected] United Kingdom 3 21-04-2015 09:40 AM
how can we get to see: was big cat on news tonight gardenlen[_2_] United Kingdom 13 24-08-2010 11:02 PM
Good News-Bad News Bob Adkins Ponds 2 14-09-2003 06:32 PM
Sad news, good news and questions all in one message Boystrup Pb, ann,... Orchids 18 13-06-2003 04:44 PM
There is good news and bad news Essjay001 United Kingdom 0 10-06-2003 02:32 AM