Old 19-08-2010, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tomato feed any good for hanging baskets?

I've only got some traditional general purpose granular fertiliser left
and some tomato fertiliser. Rather than buy more fertiliser specific to
flowers, which of the two would be best to encourage more flowers on my
hanging baskets? Or should I just buy some more Miracle Grow or similar?

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.
Old 19-08-2010, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David in Normandy" wrote
I've only got some traditional general purpose granular fertiliser left
and some tomato fertiliser. Rather than buy more fertiliser specific to
flowers, which of the two would be best to encourage more flowers on my
hanging baskets? Or should I just buy some more Miracle Grow or similar?

The tomato one is the one to use for flowers.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
Old 19-08-2010, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 19/08/2010 19:24, Bob Hobden wrote:

"David in Normandy" wrote
I've only got some traditional general purpose granular fertiliser
left and some tomato fertiliser. Rather than buy more fertiliser
specific to flowers, which of the two would be best to encourage more
flowers on my hanging baskets? Or should I just buy some more Miracle
Grow or similar?

The tomato one is the one to use for flowers.

Thank you. I wasn't sure if tomato fertiliser promoted fruit or flowers
and fruit or fruit, flowers and roots! I get a bit mixed up after all
these years gardening. The only one I remember is nitrogen is good for
foliage.

The hanging baskets have now had a good soaking with soluble granular
tomato fertiliser.