Old 22-08-2010, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT EU Arrest warrents.

What do you all think of this email I had sent?

Scandalous Surrender of British Citizens’ right to a fair trial

Hello All.....I wanted to alert you, if you were not already alerted
and alarmed, to the current application to British Citizens of the
"European Arrest Warrant".

I ask you to forward this E-mail to any or all of your choice AND to
contact your MP recording your alarm, demanding a suspension of the
application of this Law, pending a Review, (currently proposed by
David Davis MP).

This Law permits the police of any EU Country to demand the
extradition of Britons accused of crimes, misdemeanours allegedly
committed in that country......see front page "Sunday Telegraph" 22
August 2010. Currently on average 3 British Citizens a day are being
extradited under this atrocious provision.

This legislation was passed by the Blair Govt, with Blunkett's support
a couple of years ago. Blair of course needing to ingratiate himself
with EU to secure all their perks subsequent to his vacation of No
10.: Blunkett’s naivity being adequate explanation, I guess his dog
had more sense.

Crucial is that :- (i) no prima facie case has to be made in a
British court, and

(ii) a British court is FORBIDDEN to examine
the outlines of the case.

If EU Country, or the US demands, the Briton goes.

[Recall Blair, in the House of Commons, when the “NAT West 3” issue of
extradition to US was raised...

"There is nothing I can
do".. and he was the PM of the UK!]

Britons are especially vulnerable travelling in those bastions of
social justice, Bulgaria, Rumania, Greece and Italy, (and wait until
Turkey is in!) ..where incarcerations for a year or more, under vile
conditions, ill treatment of accused and defence witnesses, are
common. And these for trivial motoring offences as well as other
alleged crimes quite clearly NOT committed by the accused. How do
you disprove the assertion of a Bulgarian Traffic cop that you were
not speeding, nor did you pass through a red light?

The cases cited in The Sunday Telegraph (q.v.) are so numerous and
so horrifying that our Govt MUST suspend and then amend this.

On that depressing note, we wish you all good fortune and advise you
to travel carefully...but do also make some noise.

Roger & Mo Skinner

=
Old 22-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Registered User

To about the same effect as Defra trying their damnest to close down all rhododendron nurseries in the UK because of Oak death, whilst the Dutch just ticket a plant passport to everything that passes through holland whether its checked or not! Its just the English way, it has always been the same!