GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   dead hanging basket (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/193531-dead-hanging-basket.html)

Lyndsey55 02-09-2010 03:10 PM

dead hanging basket

Hi,

Does any one have any tips on how to perk up a dead hanging basket?! I forgot to water it for a couple of days and its not looking very good! Im a bit of a novice gardener...

Thank you!

kay 02-09-2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyndsey55 (Post 899165)
Hi,

Does any one have any tips on how to perk up a dead hanging basket?! I forgot to water it for a couple of days and its not looking very good! Im a bit of a novice gardener...

Thank you!

Take it down, fill a washing up bowl with water and put the basket in so the root ball gets properly soaked. Keep it out of the sun while you do this. You could also spray the foliage with water. Foliage should stop being limp and start parking up within 24 hours or so. After 24 hours take the basket out of the water and let excess water drain off. Some plants will recover others won't, so you may have to do a bit of emergency replanting.