GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Borlottie beans (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/193705-borlottie-beans.html)

Bill Grey 16-09-2010 01:32 PM

Borlottie beans

"Sacha" wrote in message

There didn't seem much point in growing very standard
veg if you could buy it cheaply and without the tiresome effort. --
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

Standard veg in season - runner beans or example. TESCO charge £1.50 for 7
pods ready bagged.

Where's the fairness in that?

I would have had my own beans this year except for the fact that nothing
germinated.:-(

Bill

Roger Tonkin 16-09-2010 06:02 PM

Borlottie beans

In article ,
lid says...
The wasp trap needs emptying every week.

Was reading somewhere last week that you should not kill wasps,
especiially in light of the honeybee problem.

Was watching the wasps in amongs the raspberries and they seem to be
very busy on the flowers, and not bothering at all with the fruit which
is very ripe!

Roger T