GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Isn't it something (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/193713-isnt-something.html)

Dave Hill 14-09-2010 08:08 PM

Isn't it something

What is happening to this country's weather?
We are geting so used to the wet etc that we don't even comment when
we have 1.75 inches of rain followed a few days later by another 0.75
together with winds of of around 35 mph for over 24 hours with gusts
of almost 50 mph.
I am begining to ask myself why I am bothering trying to grow things
outside, with the wife being in hospital for the 5th time in 9 months.
This time she had gone on holiday to Trinidad to join up with her
daughter who lives in Toronto as they have friends there, she was
involved in a car accident on August 18th, she broke her right Fibia,
though they didn't put the leg in plaster so she had a week till she
could get a flight back to the UK.
I picked her up from Gatwick and brought her straight back to our
local hospital here in South Wales, where she has been ever since.
I am seriously asking myself why at my age I am doing all this work
with no help.
David Hill

Roger Tonkin 14-09-2010 09:31 PM

Isn't it something

In article c6356955-9050-45ed-a539-ff3513e26743
@y3g2000vbm.googlegroups.com, says...
I am seriously asking myself why at my age I am doing all this work
with no help.

Perhaps because you get enjoyment/satisfaction out of it?

Alternative would be to concrete everything in sight, sit back and
vegitate :)

PS Sorry to hear about your wife's problems.

Bob Hobden 14-09-2010 10:35 PM

Isn't it something

"Dave Hill" wrote ...
[...]

Sounds like your poor wife is going through a bad patch and dragging you
along for the ride. Hope she is feeling better soon and once again able to
help.
A bit like one of our lovely ladies on the allotments, she is in her 80s and
feeling a bit poorly went to the Docs and said "I'll have to give up my
allotment", the Doc replied keep growing, keep digging, it's what keeps you
young and fit even if you don't feel that way sometimes.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

kay 14-09-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Hill (Post 900304)
[...]

Sorry to hear about your wife's accident - hope she recovers quickly.
As to why you are doing all this work? - because it's when you stop that you really start getting old.

Pete[_9_] 15-09-2010 11:42 AM

Isn't it something

"Martin" wrote in message

It is like quick sand here.

The weekend after next should be stormy. We are booked on an equinox ferry
crossing of the North Sea. :o)
--

Just right here in Cheshire.
The carrots are coming up nice and clean.

Hope Martin is wrong about the weekend after next weather -
the Vulcan etc are due to fly- in at Coventry airport.
I am booked to attend.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com