GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   slow worms (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/193813-slow-worms.html)

Ann Lancing 20-09-2010 09:30 AM

slow worms

Thanks for the advice about slow worms. I'll let you know how I get on.

Ann

Jake 21-09-2010 04:48 PM

slow worms

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 08:30:05 +0000 (UTC), Ann Lancing
wrote:

Thanks for the advice about slow worms. I'll let you know how I get on.

Ann

In case it helps, in my experience they can give you a nasty nip so be
careful. The cat regularly brings them home - I know they're different
ones because of hte way he does it. Somehow he manages to get them
home without damage despite carrying them in his mouth. Then he just
nips off the end of tail and loses interest in them. But I've
occasionally picked one up to get it away from the cat and the
blighter has drawn blood (the slow worm that is). So now they get left
to have their tail shortened. Doesn't seem to do any real harm.

Jake